046

chapter forty six
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
ix. marineford arc 

The new presence in the war did not overthrow the fight, although they were quite impressed to see two elements displayed in action by just one person-- a person's strength was not based on the uniqueness of their fruit/s. 

Shoto knew just how much stronger Aokiji was, hell, even his Captain was not in the Admiral's level yet-- so, how does he expect to win the fight on time when he knew he was weaker compared to Luffy.

"Did you learn a trick?" Aokiji arched his brow as he noticed the decoy ice that went in contact with his leg. It was temperature-less, which was some surprising control. "I guess you did improve." 

Shoto was still visibly struggling with Aokiji's deadly ice that didn't have a limit. 

He glanced at the two brothers from a distance, a flash of concern evident in his eyes as he saw a burning Admiral approach them, taunting the hot-headed Ace.

"Concerned? Well, that's unfortunate-- you should focus on your own fight. You might lose a limb or two." Again, the sarcasm in his voice was unnerving, expressing just how Aokiji was taking their battle too easily.

Using his fire once more, he managed to land a kick on the Admiral's arm that tried blocking it. And naturally, his arm started melting. Shoto's fire was getting more and more effective.

"That's some hot temperature." Aokiji stared as his arm as it resembled back. A little more push and Shoto would be able to burn his real skin. 

Carelessly throwing a jab, Aokini evaded it with the replacement of his ice. 

"If you wanna throw a heavy punch, apply pressure to your hip and twist your back slightly. And then carry the weight with you."

Shoto was confused, was Aokiji treating this as a whole practice? He felt his brows furrowed. Even teaching him how to throw a proper punch. . .

"We're in a fight. Hit back." The heterochromatic told off, not liking how the Admiral was belittling his efforts. He indeed was hopeless to win this but he would hate to lose without the opponent doing their part.

"I can defeat you without doing that." Aokiji stated, proving it by trapping the heterochromatic in ice in which Shoto quickly countered with his ice, the two elements continued to clash but Shoto's fire was quickly disappearing since Aokiji's ice were simply higher in temperature.

Seeing how Ace suddenly stopped running to yell back at Akainu, leaving Luffy unguarded, Shoto's desperation was rising.

"What, are you worried?" The blue Admiral pointed out. "Unfortunately, their lives will end here."

Shoto gritted his teeth, he really was no match despite training so hard. Watching as Akainu jumped to Luffy, Shoto's eyes visibly widened drastically as he watched in horror as Ace went to block his way.

"All I have to do is to stop you from intervening in their fight." Aokiji said.

Shoto ignored him. He just wanted to save people, more specifically his Captain. He wanted to help him in any way. But continuing this, he would only be useless and defenseless against the enemies.

"Move."

Blue fire was released from Shoto's arm, hitting a surprised Aokiji who realized he wasn't melting but burning in his own skin. It was a lot hotter than the usual red fire, it made him wonder just how Shoto subconsciously released them.

Maybe from stress and frustration.

"Luffy!" Shoto called out to his Captain, leaving a dumbfounded Aokiji who just stood there.