054

chapter fifty four
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
x. 3d2y arc 

Time was faster than they had anticipated.

Within a blink of an eye, Shoto was already set to go. As well as Aokiji. The heterochromatic was not the type to be all emotional, in fact, he should be glad that he was finally free from the hell-ish training-- but Shoto can't help but feel like he would miss the Admiral.

After all, he has spent more time with the ice user compared to the time he had with his entire crew. It was only natural that Shoto grew attached and viewed him as an important figure in his life.

But good things come to an end, and the boy knew that he was bound to greater things.

"Thank you for the past few months. . . 1 year to be exact." Shoto murmured the last part before turning back to the man who stood by the side while holding up his bike. "I'll be rooting for you to the spot to become Fleet Admiral."

"That sounds wrong coming from a Pirate."

"It doesn't matter. I'm very grateful for your guidance, Aokiji-sensei. I've been in your care. But now, I'm off on my own adventure, hopefully-- I'll see you soon. . . In the new world." Shoto gave his hesitant speech.

"In the new world." Aokiji nodded, acting as if he didn't care as usual but deep inside, he did know that he had high hopes for the boy. And maybe he indeed will miss his own personal waiter.

Feeling slight vibrations from the ocean, Shoto felt the little subtle movement spark on his feet, letting him know of a nearby presence.

But he didn't turn to it like he usually does, now, he allowed it to unfold.

"I'm off."

And in great timing, a fish emerged from the waters, surprising the stoic Admiral who only watched as a large transparent sea creature went straight for the two toned hair boy who didn't seem the slightest bothered.

Shoto didn't let Bakugo catch him like he usually does.

In fact, he froze the trail of water that the fish came from, freezing Bakugo mid-air as well.

"Impressive awareness. I guess you did learn something." Aokiji hummed, his attention a little split.

"I don't think I achieved being as agile as Lucci yet. But I believe my movements became lighter and easier to control."

"It should be. It's progress. After all that Volleyball. . ." Aokiji trailed off to himself before turning his gaze back to the heterochromatic. "Well, this is my stop. See ya." He held a hand up before biking his way through the ocean.

Shoto only stared, a little dumbfounded before he shifted his attention to Bakugo.

"So, where are we going next?" He asked, hoping it would understand him in their own fishy language.

Shoto takes that back.

Thanks to his previous actions, Bakugo the fish was completely annoyed with him. Making their ride even more bumpy and uncomfortable as it purpose took casual spins and dangerous pathways.

It made Shoto note not to piss off the fish again.

"I'm sorry." He said with gritted teeth, trying to keep his balance as the fish went full speed. "I shouldn't have frozen you. Would you like to be cooked instead?"

Bakugo only worsened the treatment.

"I'm sorry." Shoto said genuinely this time, he doesn't know what to do if the fish suddenly fills him with water inside the stomach. That wasn't the most idealistic way to die.

The creature finally calmed down.

"Since you guided me to Aokiji-sensei, who happened to help me with handling my ice. Do you think you can find me anyone suitable to help me with my fire?"

No reply. Maybe the fish didn't understand him, after all.

"Maybe an island." Shoto started once more. "Anywhere. Preferably somewhere hot. It doesn't matter if someone isn't there to teach me, I guess I'll just have to learn myself."

Bakugo liked his determination.

"Do you think you can take me to a place like that? I promise I won't freeze you anymore." No reply. "And maybe I'll feed you fresh seaweed. . ."

The fish took his deal.

They arrived already, and at this point, Shoto was not surprised with how fast it took them anymore. It was to be expected if you have an unordinary fish by your side.

"So, this is the place. . ." Shoto mumbled as soon as he came on land.

It was hot. Seemed very hot. But he couldn't feel it since his body was built to be immune to most temperatures. Though he can still feel his sweat going down from his temples.

"You know what, maybe I wanted a cold island after all--" As he turned back to the sea, Bakugo was long gone.

That fish. . .

He shook his head. Shoto hated being this sweaty, even worse was that he couldn't feel the heat so it was simply uncomfortable to be sweating this much without a given reason.

It was just his luck.

Looking around, he noticed how there were several volcanos decorating the land. All were ready to erupt, which was very dangerous. Even for someone like Shoto who can't feel heat, he can still burn from lava. Hell, a boiling cup of tea was enough to leave a scar on him, what else more from lava.

Food was not a problem here, he supposes. The animals were already cooked medium rare just by walking. Plus, there are a lot of fruits by the forest that has burning trees lit aflame thanks to the fire the heat was causing.

What a wreckage of a place.

Taking a step further, he realized that if he continues to walk with his flip flops, it might also burn. Sighing, he formed very cold ice around it, a big boulder that would be enough to last a whole day. He then pushed the border to somewhere that was less burning hot.

Even the ocean was hot. . . But luckily, Shoto found a safe spot by the highest rock at the side.

It sucks that he has to be stuck here for a whole year, but it was a nice environment to improve not only physically but mentally too. It would also be a great help to his fire.

He might even strengthen his immunity to temperatures even more.

He has to last here for a year, which might not seem like a big problem. But it was pretty lonely here, Shoto noticed.

But he supposes he has to endure this as well.