069

chapter sixty-nine
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
xiii. punk hazard arc

Shoto nearly forgot about Kirishima's existence until he dug deeper in the breast pocket of his button up hawaiian shirt.

He looked like he was going in a vacation with the whole attire he was in that would suit summer more-- not in a terribly cold weather like this.

"I'm so sorry." Luckily, the hermit crab didn't freeze because he was heating himself up all this time with his fire quirk, warming his body to resist the cold-- and to also avoid dying from hyperthermia or losing his limbs to a severe frostbite.

He reached a finger to touch the shell and he emitted heat. That should be enough to last the shell a whole day.

"Shoto, have you figured it out yet?"

The heterochromatic turned hie head. "Figure what?" He then remembered. "Oh, right. . . I took a detour around the outside of the building and I studied the structure carefully. It appears to me that you exited from the right wing, the lab or the room for the kids when you found them is in the more middle district, surrounded by other rooms. I'm not sure what those rooms are but they must typically contain workers to keep an eye."

They were impressed Shoto got the structure by only observing it but it was to be expected from someone who actually bothers to study properly.

"They seemed confident enough to let you go with the kids, so they must have some kind of plan. Perhaps to track us all down in one go and take us as well." The heterochromatic explained his concern. "That's why I insist we split up in the meantime."

"And what do you plan to do?"

"Find Law, of course. If there's anyone who I can get information from that I can actually use, it'll be him." Shoto calmly states, he seems determined enough.

"What makes you sure he'll cooperate with you? Haven't you seen what he was doing? He must be working in the facility!" Nami exclaimed, emphasizing. She doesn't trust the surgeon at all and she was making it clear.

"Working in the facility or not, I trust him enough to have given my hand in marriage." Shoto spoke up, he sounded proud. But now, the truth was out.

"No way!"

"Seriously?!"

Some were already aware but the others just found out. While the other two who were expected to have the bigger reaction was out somewhere in the snow. Zoro and Sanji (actually in Nami's body). Brook was with them as well.

"I know I already know this but it's still so shocking to hear." Franky (in Chopper's body) spoke, biting his nails only to spit afterwards after realizing it wasn't his robotic hands but actually Chopper's fur.

"No way, it's Torao?" Luffy's jaw dropped, he was stunned to know. "Nami, you said it was a fish!" He immediately turned to her accusingly.

"Well, what a surprise." She chuckled nervously. "But listen, you lot‐- not a word about it, you hear me? Anyone who speaks up about it will owe me 300 million beli."

"Ridiculous pricing!"

Shoto shook his head at their antics. Why are they acting as if marriage here wasn't an actual business? They're so utterly clueless, he swears.

"The reason why I also need to find him is because I need you all to turn back to your normal bodies. It's unnerving to see Franky's expressions on Chopper's face. . ." Shoto shuddered.

"Right at the nail!"

"You're right. Please, please get the surgeon to turn us back to normal. I can't imagine what Sanji is doing now." Nami cried. That was why she insisted for Zoro to go with Sanji and Brook in the first place.

"If it makes you uncomfortable, Nami, I can find Sanji and Brook and keep an eye on them." Shoto offered, he can understand her part.

"As appealing as your offer sounds, Shoto-- I'm afraid we need you more here." Nami sighed. "Can I trust you to find Law and not make any more ridiculous misunderstood business with him?"

Shoto furrowed his brows, "Is there any problem with making business with my fiance?"

Everyone could feel their souls leaving upon hearing his words.

"Shoto, I'm sorry for teaching you that part! In fact, I admit I lied." Usopp gave up, imagine having Zoro and Sanji hear Shoto right now‐- he would be dead meat.

Nami landed her fist on top of Usopp's head harshly.

"You shouldn't have taught him that, you idiot." Nami punched. "Now he has the wrong idea of marriage!"

Shoto was taking this in rather deeply though.

"So, you mean. . . It was a lie?" Shoto spoke up conflicted, but of course still failed to express it. Usopp glanced up and feared his reaction. "All of it?" He earned a nod.

Nami watched him carefully.

"That's a lot to take in. . ."

"Don't worry, Shoto, you can sit this one out." Chopper chirped.

"I have no proper time to dwell on it so I'll deal with it later once we get back to the ship." Shoto sighed, not sure how to react. "I'll find Lie-- I mean Law first and then revert you back to your original bodies. I'll be back in a second, incase of emergency, reach out to me through my snail."

He was acting as if it wasn't affecting him but it wasn't usual for him to mistake his words.

He was a little disappointed since he finally thought he had a grasp of how it works in this world but he guesses he'll have to learn again and find a more reliable tutor.

But first, he needs to find Law.

Shoto jogged towards the building, stumbling on a rock before landing face first. He quickly stood back up and continued. Again, it was unusual of him to even stumble.

Nami turned to Usopp and punched him again, earning a yelp from the male. "Totally your fault."

"I'll take your place for the lessons, then." Robin glanced at Usopp calmly.

"Please do."