055

chapter fifty five
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
x. 3d2y arc

Time flashed by fast like the speed of light. Like, really fast.

Within the 6 days of no update from the author, Shoto managed to accomplish a lot of things.

Such as- wait. . . Let me rephrase that.

Time was slow in the one piece world, it still went by with everyone and it didn't seem like the whole world was in a pause

Time was slow in the one piece world, it still went by with everyone and it didn't seem like the whole world was in a pause. But for Shoto and his exhausting days spent on surviving the magma-filled island- it was fast.

Surprisingly fast.

Every single day was spent on pushing himself past his limits, after all, this was the best environment for him to grow and improve to develop his potential. While his ice prowess drastically improved for the best, his fire was actually improving itself.

The only thing that Shoto had to develop in this place was his ability to adapt to his surroundings. From what he heard, the new world was a strange and mysterious place where everything is just out of your expectations.

And Shoto wanted to prepare for that.

He can't have himself caught off his guard. He can no longer have himself rely on his crewmates, he wants them to rely on him.

Stretching his arms whilst being drenched in his own sweat, it felt like he was in a hot spring with the aroma. Except, it was just burning. The extreme temperature would be unbearable for most ordinary people.

But he can't complain now that he has gotten this far.

Another day to go and he will finally meet up with his crew. Admittedly, he misses them. The last he caught glimpse of them all together was in an old picture in a newspaper delivered by the news coo. It was saying how the Strawhats are dead.

It was almost laughable.

Shoto effortlessly tapped the ground with his bare foot and it formed a large boulder of ice- it was shining, clear, and freezing that not even the burning atmosphere of the island was enough to easily melt it down.

Shoto viewed himself by his reflection on the ice, noticing the noticeable changes in his features and in his body as well.

He has gotten taller, which was not surprising since he's still in the growing age. His body has gotten more defined, although not overly since he doesn't exactly want to appear as a bodybuilder. It was admittedly a fine balance.

Other than that, not much has changed from his features except for the fact that he got a more mature look on his face, showing experience. After all, he only turned 20, not 25- the change was not bound to be drastic.

His hair has gotten longer too. It's been 2 years since he got his last haircut from Usopp, he might need another haircut since long hair can get in the way (although it only reached his shoulder). He tied it up messy.

In all honesty, he still looked like Shoto from 2 years ago. Only taller and leaner, and longer hair.

And that was it. 18 and 20 was not that farfetched for a change, after all. Not when you have the Todoroki genes.

Slipping on his flipflops after a cool bath, it was safe to say that he was ready for a travel. He had to leave a day early since he doesn't want to be late and well. . . Bakugo the fish was already there.

Shoto approached the water as he crouched down a little.

"Does the water temperature not bother you at all?" He curiously questioned, having still not found the mystery behind the fish.

He only earned a grunt.

A grunt from a fish? That's unusual.

"Well, take me to Sabaody, please." He politely said.

In a flash, Bakugo already gobbled him down and went on their merry way.

"It's odd, I haven't received a word or a sign from Luffy yet." Shoto informed. "He said to just wait for the newspaper sign but I haven't seen any codes at all." He mumbled.

Bakugo didn't reply, only swimming. Shoto saw an odd structure from a distance, and he recalls having Rayleigh explain to him what it was. He furrowed his brows while squinting his eyes, trying to remember what the man said it was.

"Odd structure. . . Odd structure. . ." A light bulb lit atop him. "Ah, right. It's Sabaody with the large root." Shoto remembered. "Such an interesting origin, and I heard the land is soapy too."

He has been to Sabaody but he hasn't personally experienced how it is to float as a bubble.

But he's pretty sure Luffy has.

"Aren't those roots dangerous? I wonder why people never bother to do something to prevent it as it continously expands."

Bakugo didn't reply.

Shoto noticed that the fish was eating something. Seaweed. He sighs, he guesses that letting the fish eat will not bring any harm. He's a day early, after all, he'll just have to wait for the crew even if it'll take another year.

They emerged from the water, having been spat out by the fish before Bakugo swam away instantly.

Looking around, Shoto didn't recognize the place at all. He didn't have a map, nor a clue on which part he is at. Hell, he wasn't even sure when they'll arrive. But he's in Sabaody already, and that's all that will matter.

One thing he did forget was that he didn't get to see the 2y3d sign that Luffy did 2 years ago. It was only by chance did he get the feeling he should be here in Sabaody.