030

chapter thirty
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
v. enies lobby arc

Shoto Todoroki woke up with a sigh as he noticed his surroundings. Underwater. How was he breathing? He was wide awake within an instant as he realized he was in a fish's stomach.

Not just any fish, but Bakugo's stomach.

"Morning already?" He mumbled, looking at the light sky. Nope, he doubts it was even night to begin with. Knowing the grand line, the part in Water 7 could have been a hoax thanks to the Blue Lagoon.

"I think we're here, spit me out now, Bakugo."

The fish was reluctant, not wanting to be commanded just like that. So it chose its own way as it suddenly grew a full tale and went full speed, making Shoto leap back to his seat and hold on to a non-existent supporter.

"So you decided just to speed up now? I can never understand animals." Admittedly, Shoto liked animals, it was just animals that didn't like him. Except for cats, he loves cats as much as they love him.

It took about a few minutes for the fish to jump from the water and as it did, Shoto could see a building. As he looked closer, he could see his crew! They were standing on each tall platform while glaring at the World Government official, Spandam.

And at that moment as they reached above the heads of his crew, the fish spat him out like vermin and he had to think of ways to land safely seeing as he was far from landing on the ground.

"Huh?!"

Everyone was surprised seeing that transparent fish spit out a precious nakama. Even the WG was surprised seeing a person being spat out by the large fish.

"Shoto!"

Shoto shuts his eyes, subconsciously forming an ice beneath him as he landed softly on the ground. He then opened his eyes, and seeing that he was away from falling off, he breathed a sigh of relief.

Lucci narrowed his eyes from his spot. That was the boy he met that other day, the one with 2 devil fruits. He could never understand that part, he should be dead, right? Nonetheless, he feels his blood pump in excitement.

It was the thrill of facing Shoto that brought a sense of adrenaline in him. A person who ate two fruits? He's bound to be great someday and Lucci is looking forward to seeing that.

"Shoto! Are you okay?" Chopper went to fret immediately, searching the heterochromatic boy for any injuries.

"I'm fine, Chopper-san." Shoto assured quickly, picking himself up before dusting his clothes, before he could climb up to another figure like theirs, he heard Luffy shift from his spot.

"Shoto! Where where you?!" Luffy almost immediately cried out as the joy was clear in his tone, happy to see his crew complete, minus Robin, of course.

The dual wielder felt himself smile a little.

"I just went with the flow, and then it brought me here." He said with a casual shrug, not acknowledging the fact that he disappeared from earth's face for nearly 3 straight days.

He looked at the one with the mask and immediately recognized him as Usopp. How did he get there before him--

"You've been gone for like a day after I last saw you underground." The long nose in disguise explained, as if reading his confused expression. Chopper and Luffy perked up.

"You met Sogeking beforehand, Shoto?!" The two asked with amazed eyes.

Shoto visibly looked confused once more. Does Usopp go by that now? A part of his too obvious disguise? He'll play along for now, after all, he did owe it to Usopp for giving him drinkable water.

"You haven't had a proper meal since you last saw us, haven't you?" Sanji voiced out, the fact that Shoto was paler than usual did not sit well with him. He hated how a crewmember was recklessly discarding his own health. "I told you to take care of yourself."

Truth be told, Sanji had hit the nail perfectly at its head. Shoto has been living off energy bars and barely enough water for the day, but he never really noticed that, he was a busy guy after all.

"I ate a salad." The boy interjected.

"And when was that?" The cook arched a brow, watching as Shoto slump his shoulders in defeat. Sanji released a long sigh. "I'll cook a pot of soba after this."

"Cold please."

"Of course."

Turning their attention towards the Enies Lobby, Zoro helped the boy up to the platform before looking at the flag that stood above.

"Finished the reunion? How heartwarming." Spandam mocked. "But do you really think you can deal with the World Government as your enemy?"

Luffy's gaze hardened.

"Robin. . . Say that you want to live, that you want to come with us and have more adventures."

Robin hesitated as she looked at the officials beside her. She was afraid for their safety, but all she had to do was trust her Captain, right? She then nodded, eyes glossy from the tears streaming down her face emotionally.

"Yes. . . I- I want to live!" She yelled, her voice cracking as the crew felt themselves tense up.

A nakama crying out for help sent a new motivation. Shoto cracked his knuckles and neck before stretching. After finding out about the identity of the masked man, he so badly wanted to go against Lucci now.

"Sogeking, burn the flag down." The captain commanded, pointing at rhe annoying white and blue flag. The sharpshooter nodded obediently.

"Huh? You can't actually declare war with the--" Spandam was ignored.

Shoto used the tip of his finger to emit fire, reminding the crew of Ace's way of lighting up Sanji's cigarette. Usopp then took out a small ball and used the fire to light it up before shooting carefully.

The ball hit the mark perfectly.

"Thank you, Shoto." Usopp nodded at the boy who returned a small nod back.

Spandam was in a wreck. In disbelief. These pirates were willing to go against the world just for a crewmember? He never heard of that before. But he shook off his surprise and angrily pointed his finger towards the crew.

"Deal with them, Lucci!" He demanded like a child, the said male was not impressed at all but he followed orders nonetheless.

"Lucci, just you wait." Shoto glared from his spot. He had a lot of beef with the man and his bird. Well, Hattori was fine but still, Lucci betrayed Iceberg, almost killed him, went to beat up his crew, and then taking Robin away?

He didn't like the man so far.

But Lucci only smirked. He was only interested in the heterochromatic, their Captain wasn't much, as well the other members. Shoto was the only one who was interesting. Well, it was a waste of talent.

Someone who could handle 2 fruits? Why does that someone have to end up in a below average crew of all people.

If he had joined a much stronger crew, he was sure to grow and develop in power too. Hell, he's sure Shoto would have gotten a big bounty with just the fact of his 2 fruits alone.

Lucci clicked his tongue in distaste. The boy sure didn't know how to make decisions.

"We're getting soba after this." Sanji groaned as he stretched his muscles, wanting it to end already so that he can cook.

Shoto stopped on his trails. He then smiled, genuinely this time. The crew believed they were gonna go through this, it was only fair if he believed in them too.

"Right. I'm starving." Shoto added, a small smile present on his usually emotionless and tired face.

They were gonna win and take back Robin. That was for sure.

As he stopped to marvel how things have reached to this. Shoto then realized that the only family he has now was this little crew. And he will do anything in his power to help them reach their dreams and watch them become successful at it.

That was his dream.

After all, they were now like his family.