041

chapter forty one
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
vii. whitebeard pirates arc

Shoto was honestly worried for his crew. It's already been 6 days and yet, he hasn't heard anything from them, not even on the daily newspapers.

"A beli for your thoughts?"

The heterochromatic was interrupted from his thoughts as he immediately snapped his head towards a certain pineapple who was casually leaning on the railings.

"It's not that cheap."

Marco chuckled lightly, he was already used to Shoto's unusual sense of humor by now. Even if the boy didn't mean to come across as amusing, he still managed to be.

"I heard about Ace's scheduled execution." The heterochromatic boy mumbled, watching Marco's sorrowful eyes that he hid behind such lazy ones.

"Pops is planning to make a move, yoi."

"He undoubtedly will." Shoto nodded, knowing just how Whitebeard takes his family very seriously. Especially the son he grew attached to, the troublemaker and loudmouth, Portgas D. Ace.

"How 'bout you, yoi? What are you planning to do? I know you won't permanently stay here, which is a bummer-- but how are you gonna find your way to them, yoi." Marco indicated to his crew.

Shoto pursed his lips into a thin line.

"I'm not sure as well, honestly." He admitted. "But no matter what, I want to be with them again and go into more adventures although they are a pain." He confessed sincerely.

Marco felt a smile climb up his face. The Strawhats were so lucky to have someone like Shoto.

"I see. . . Then I'll do my best to help you, yoi." Marco patted the boy's back before proceeding towards the decks. "You can find me in the infirmary if you need anything."

The heterochromatic nodded gratefully.

The Whitebeard Pirates were good people, but unfortunately, his loyalty belonged to somewhere else-- although he would have loved to spend more time with Marco, Izo, Whitebeard, and everyone else;

He was also Shoto Macaroni. The crew's most pickyeater and also their second youngest human male crewmate-- he has his own responsibilities, you see.

And he can't waste anymore time. The next island the compass should be pointing on should be down at the fishman island (like Marco explained), but they will probably stop by Sabaody Archipelago. So, he will be there right at the last island from the red line that separates the new world and grand line.

He can't waste any more time.

He quickly sprinted towards Pops who was seated by the decks downing sake, he then panted slightly before composing himself.

"Oyaji, I decided I'll stop by here now. I have to go to Sabaody Archipelago to reunite with my crew." Shoto immediately explained, making Whitebeard furrow his brows.

"What makes you think that they will be there?"

"I honestly have no idea but I'm sure they'll be there." There was that surreal amount of conviction in his voice that told everyone that he was deadass genuine. And who were they to stop him?

Whitebeard felt a smile grow on his lips.

"Very well." He nodded. "We'll prepare a boat for you."

Shoto failed to express his joy but it was there by how his eyes lit up. It was enough to let them all know that this was what he wanted to do.

"Thank you so much, Oyaji." Shoto bowed his head in respect. "I only got to know you all for a week but I know I'll miss you. I hope we can all meet again."

Whitebeard grinned, happily accepting the usually apathetic boy's words that was now laced with emotions.

"I suggest you go now before they tie you up and make you stay." Whitebeard chuckled, gesturing towards Izo and the others who were too overwhelmed by Shoto's sudden announcement of leaving.

Shoto glanced at everyone and waved, watching their visible frowns that still held acceptance.

"Before I do, I would like to go greet Marco first." Shoto informed the Captain who chuckled lightly upon hearing this.

"You really should, I bet he'll be the one to miss you the most." Whitebeard shook his head, noticing just how his 1st commander grew attached to the heterochromatic.

Shoto entered the infirmary and quickly caught sight of Marco who was busy reading a book about germs. The commander noticed his presence and visibly lit up as he arched a brow.

"Need anything?" He asked.

"I'm leaving to Sabaody and I wanted to say a personal farewell." Shoto explained as he saw how Marco's face fell for a second. It left just as fast as it came. "And in fact, I do need something."

Marco nodded slowly, taking in all the information.

"Marco-san, can I have a piece of your vivre card?"

The pineapple immediately reached for the drawer and teared a large piece from his vivre card, in fact, it was the majority of the whole paper. Shoto felt his sweat drop at this.

"It doesn't have to be a big piece, you know? What if someone else asks for your card and there's barely enough left?"

"Then I'll just give a smaller piece, yoi." Marco told. And Shoto wasn't sure with what he meant by that, it seemed to have a second meaning but he didn't think too much about that.

"But, thank you for the past few days, Marco, I really enjoyed everyone's company-- especially yours." The heterochromatic sincerely told, effectively flattering the zoan user who scratched the back of his neck sheepishly.

"Stay safe on your trip, Shoto, not everyone has a blue phoenix to heal your critical wounds, yoi."

Shoto smiled at this.

"I'm sure they don't."

Marco was a great friend and an important figure in his life.

"Please don't go, Shoto-san!" Vista blowed on his handkerchief, wiping tears at the corner of his eyes as they all watched the boy hop on a smaller boat that was enough to last all the way to Sabaody.

"Take care, Shoto-san!" Izo waved.

"You can call us whenever you need help, Shoto." Whitebeard boomed, crossing his arms against his chest. How unfortunate on how Shoto decided to return to his crew, he would of been a great addition to their ship.

"Again, thank you for everything, everyone. Now, I must set sail and hope to see you again in the future--" Shoto was in the middle of expressing his gratitude before a giant fish gobbled him down.

Everyone panicked.

"Is he going to be okay?!"

"Calm down, everyone, I'm sure he'll be fine." Whitebeard grinned. "He just has a special effect on the sea."

"That boy, I told him to be careful, yoi." Marco shook his head.

It has only been a few seconds but the ship was already feeling extra empty today. Was this the serious problem called 'Shoto-deprived'?

It seems like they reached a serious stage.

Shoto could identify the fish that traveled in supreme speed that made his head hurt a little, since when was Bakugo this fast? Suddenly, they stopped by a nearby rock, confusing Shoto, but he took this chance to make himself comfortable.

"Are you hungry?" Shoto questioned, watching as the fish started opening its mouth with filter to start eating the seaweed.

Shoto furrowed his brows. "Bakugo, you're eating Midoriya's hair."

It was safe to say that the fish didn't listen.

bonus chapter