005

chapter five
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
i. alabasta arc

Shoto Todoroki first realised that he was still uncomfortable with the sea the moment he stood on the decks, feeling as if he was about to fall every single the waves would rock the ship. He was going to be sick.

Luckily though, Chopper handed him some special remedy for the easily sea sick, a bottle of scented ointment to reduce the nauseous feeling.

"I'm gonna miss Bon-chan!" Both Usopp and Luffy (Chopper too) were miserable upon loosing a friend to the Marines, and Shoto must admit that he was impressed when the former Baroque Worker sacrificed himself and his crew for their safe escape.

"Is Vivi really gonna show up?" Shoto asked hesitantly, standing by the railings as he gazed towards the land where there was still no hints of the Princess.

"They're broadcasting right now." Nami replied, hearing the speech.

"She's gonna show up." Luffy stated with solid determination, sitting at his favorite spot on the Ram's head.

Before they knew it, the sounds of quick friction against the ground could be heard. There revealed Vivi and Carue who stood at the edge of the land, but it seems that only the heterochromatic male noticed her.

"Everyone!" Vivi called.

Luffy immediately turned, seeing far off the land was Vivi, and that sight lit up his face.

"See?! She came!" The Captain exclaimed happily.

"She did! And Carue. I'll turn the ship around." Usopp went to the top decks, dashing hastily before they reach too far off the land.

"She really came."

"Oi, hurry up, turn the ship around." Luffy was unable to contain his excitement as he bugged their sharpshooter to make his actions a little more faster.

"I came to bid you farewell!" She yelled, loudly for them to hear.

"What did she say?" Luffy turned.

She took the transponder snail to make her voice more louder, "I can't accompany you. But thank you so much for everything!"

By now, the whole crew was gazing across.

"I want to continue our Adventures, but I really love this Kingdom." She paused for a second. "So I can't go." Shoto tilted his head to the direction of their Captain, curious of his reaction.

Luffy only grinned, happy for the Princess and her decision despite it not going his way.

"I—" the Princess contained her tears, reaching a hand over her face. "I'm going to remain here. . . But if we ever meet again. . . Will you call me your nakama once again?" Chopper and Usopp were in tears, the others were remaining passive but it was clear that her words had reached them.

Luffy smiled.

"You'll always be our—" he was about to yell loudly before Nami covered his mouth.

"Idiot!" She said. "Don't answer her. The Marines are closing in." She stated, and she couldn't be any more right. Shoto only nodded in agreement. "If they learn our relationship with her, she'll be considered a criminal."