004

chapter four
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
i. alabasta arc

Shoto Todoroki didn't have a proper opinion about the Straw Hats, they were surely a lively bunch and matched the very word Pirate with their slightly barbaric ways, but he couldn't exactly tell if it was just because of the the old times that lacked the modern standard ways.

Not that he disliked it.

Anyways, On the floor was the entire Straw Hat crew (minus Vivi), sprawled out in utter exhaustion. And with just a look, Shoto felt guilty for helping so little compared to their efforts.

One thing he couldn't understand was why Pirates suddenly decides to help save a country. He noticed pretty much at how Luffy and his crew valued their nakamas and considered every friend important, that must explain it. Shoto just couldn't help but be fascinated with how Luffy's mind works.

Shoto slid down the wall, sitting down the floor as he watched the Straw Hats passed out flatly against concrete, with a sigh, he started feeling soreness on his legs as well. After all, they did wall nonstop for a lot of days and counting all the running they did, not to mention, his search for the heavenly food soba.

At the corner of his vision, he could spot Luffy stirring slightly before forcing an eye open— seemingly sensing a new presence that was all too familiar now.

"Shoto," it was odd hearing the usually loud voice to be so low, but Shoto couldn't say much more considering his present state. "You're joining the crew right?" Luffy weakly uttered out, forcing all his remaining energy just to say those words. Shoto was clearly taken aback despite already expecting the question.

There was a light pause, and he didn't exactly want to keep Luffy waiting by forcing all his energy just to stay conscious.

"It seems like it." The heterochromatic replied, turning away shyly since he wasn't one to be so submissive and it was totally out of character of him.

With his reply, the Captain managed to give a wide and bright grin before passing out.

But not before mumbling 2 simple words.

"I'm glad."

»»—————————-««

After seeing the whole crew on the floor, Vivi and the rest helped carry them to the castle to heal their injuries while letting them rest to regain energy as well. Currently, Shoto was with the sleeping crew in the medical room as he sat on the bed staring to the wall acrosso.

Was his decision right? Joining this crazy crew that was the exact opposite of his personality? Then again, would he have liked to join the Marines? Nope, he realised that the Government was corrupted in this world and had unreasonable justice they seem to be throwing all around. But being chased down your whole life also doesn't sound so assuring either.

"Can't sleep?"

Shoto flinched slightly, not really expecting for even one of them to wake up so soon. He tilted his head slightly, casting one short glance at the green haired swordsman before staring back across the room.

"Yeah." He replied, surprisingly getting rid of his chilly tone. "It's surprising to see that you're the first to awake." Shoto retorted, hearing a slight movement from Zoro's place which indicated he has sat up as well.