040

chapter forty
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
vii. whitebeard pirates arc

"Pops, what should we do with him? He looks really injured and he just passed out, yoi." Marco, the blue bird, shifted back to his human form after sighting the surroundings.

Whitebeard glanced at Shoto's features, reading whatever look he had on his face. So far, he only looked peaceful.

"Treat him." The Captain grumbled. "And then we can question him after he gains consciousness."

"He looks young. Is he a pirate?" Izo glanced, taking a peek as he scrambled through the bounties.

"He doesn't fit the looks of one, yoi. And he doesn't smell."

"Are you trying to say that we pirates smell?"

"Not us but probably the others. Hygiene is a must, after all." Marco replied, gently carrying the boy towards the infirmary.

"Says the musty-looking guy."

"Hey! I take a bath everyday. I even have my own bird shampoo and body wash, yoi." Marco told off defensively before setting Shoto down on the bed while taking his supplies.

"I wonder what his name is." Vista hummed.

"He looks like a prince." Izo bluntly stated.

"Maybe we'll get a reward after this." Jozu piped in. "What do you say, Oyaji?"

They all turned towards their Captain who was seated on his giant chair. Whitebeard was busy downing his own bottle of sake as he looked out at the sea while pouring all the alcohol in.

"Just treat him and we'll see after he wakes up."

It did not take long for Shoto to gain back his consciousness. Perhaps he was too frantic after blacking out, he was honestly worried for his safety since he was on an unknown ship.

He slowly woke up to see a mop of yellow hair, a hairstyle shaped into a pineapple.

The man was dangerously close to his face as he faced his chest, what on earth was he doing?

As if noticing how he flinched, Marco immediately glanced up and noticed the look on his face. It downed the blonde as he shook his head furiously.

"It's not what it looks like, yoi."

"What are you doing?" Shoto was alerted nonetheless.

"Wrapping your wounds in bandages, what else?"

"I thought you were gonna steal my heart." Shoto admitted, watching as Marco's eyes squinted slightly before continuing his work.

"I didn't take you for the cliche type, yoi."

"I meant literally."

Shoto was dead serious though, he was just straight forward and didn't like beating around the bush.

"Now that you're awake, what do you feel inside, yoi?" Marco clasped his hands together as he finished his patching skills and stood up to put away the things he used for the outer damages since he had a handy quirk for the internal damages.

"Dead."

"Be serious." The commander deadpanned.

"I'm being serious. I think my blood cells are dead since I can't feel the flow of my body anymore." What is with people thinking he's always joking around?

Marco could only assume that it must be from the adrenaline the boy felt from earlier.

He handed Shoto an extra shirt of his since he noticed the boy had a ragged one.