001

chapter one
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
i. alabasta arc

Sand. Shoto Todoroki only realised now that it was uncomfortable and indecent, it goes everywhere and he hated it, most especially when he was only wearing his pyjamas while barefooted on the very surface. Just his luck.

Where was he anyway? In the middle of the desert? There was no way a desert was around the city, it could only exist in some countries that hasn't developed a modern society yet. So what was he doing here? He didn't exactly remember riding a plane towards some other country, nor does he recognise this as some type of quirk.

No way it was. Besides, last time he checked: he was sleeping on his room, not exactly in a crowd of people.

Now all he has to do was to be alerted of any threats, mainly for his safety of course. He had to make sure that he won't have to face any enemies anytime soon-

"Oi! There's a guy there! He has weird half hair!"

Speaking of threats who insults his hair.

Shoto turned around and went to search for the source. He then looked and saw a group of travelling people wrapped up in covers so that the heat of the sun wouldn't burn them. Luckily though, there was no such temperature that Shoto couldn't handle with both his quirks so there was no need for unnecessary layers of clothing.

But his face and body language must have not been so friendly since they started off in defensive stances, one was holding the hilt of his sword, one was ready to kick, and one had his arm ready to throw a seemingly long punch.

And to Shoto, they were threatening him, and since he had this thing called pride, he activated his quirk just to make sure he was ready incase any type of danger arises.

What kind of quirk do they have? Shoto wondered, unbeknownst to him, quirks were basically nonexistent there- just about a legendary Treasure and sacred fruits of the ocean.

Ice started forming from his right and fire enveloped his left, ready for any fight to commence since they don't look very friendly as well, kinda mean and rude- especially the blonde and green haired ones.

And much to Shoto's surprise, they gasped. Why did they? Was this their first time seeing a multi-quirk? Can't be, things like this shouldn't surprise people who are familiar with quirks. Unless. . . Yep, maybe they were quirkless and clueless of the world of quirks, judging by their surprised faces.

Now how far of an isolated place on earth did he reach?

"D-Did he just get covered in both ice and fire?" They asked in disbelief, staring back at him. "I thought the fire-fire fruit was eaten by Ace. And why does he have two fruits?"

Shoto tilted his head slightly, what were they talking about-? Fruits?

"Oi, you there. We come in peace." The blonde spoke up, putting down his leg as the green haired swordsman reluctantly retrieved his hand from his katanas while the one wearing a straw hat only grinned widely in fascination.

Soon enough, Shoto melted the ice that latched onto him with his fire-lit hand while putting down his fire afterwards, his ground now ice and glass altogether- Which was good since he didn't have to suffer with dusty feet any time sooner.