Chapter 11

(Y/N)'s POV:

Now it was time for the one-on-one battles! Everyone was excited to go up there and show off everything they've got. This was a real chance for the Pro Heroes to see what potential we have and if we would be a good addition to their agencies!

Everyone wanted to win, to be on top. But there could only be one winner! And that will be me! I'm going to prove my new dedication and seriousness of being on top in these battles! Bakugo will regret pushing me to be better.

As we were leaving the arena, so they can get it ready for the battles, I see Shinso talking to Deku. Thankfully Ojiro gets there before me and covers his mouth before he gets the chance to speak. "So, you realized it as well, Ojiro." I walk up to them and glare at Shinso.

I stand between him and Deku, "Do me a favor and stay away from our little broccoli. Just because he looks friendly doesn't mean he won't wipe the floor with you." I look down at him.

"B-Broccoli!?" Deku stutters at my new nickname for him.

"Well, I look forward to it." Shinso smirks and leaves. 

"Everything okay here, guys?" Kirishima comes over with Bakugo.

"Ya, just getting rid of some pests." I look back at Deku and put both my hands on his shoulders. "Listen to me, Deku; you will go up there and destroy him. Got me? I wasn't lucky enough to go against him, but you will have to defend my honor by murdering him! If you lose..." I give him a scary smile, "I will kill you!"

I pat his shoulders and walk to our stands with Kirishima and Bakugo. "You scared the shit out of him." Bakugo says as he laughs.

"Well, I was serious. I wanted to destroy that zombie-looking... thing! But they put me against Mina." I heave a sigh, "But I'd rather he lost from the start than get a chance to fight him later."

"Poor Midoriya, you didn't have to go all Bakugo on him." Kirishima comments.

"All Bakugo? No, no, I went all (Y/N) on him!"

"Ya, she was too soft to be on my level." he smirks.

"Oh please, I can be meaner than you. I can make someone cry just by saying their name." I reply to him with my head held high.

"Oh ya? Well, I just need to look at them!" he scoffs at me.

"Both of you scare me... Who argues about who's scarier?" sometimes, Kirishima feels like an angel hanging out with two demons.

We go to the second floor of the stadium and into our seatings, ready to watch the first match between Deku and Shinso. From what I've seen from Deku, he should be able to take him out. He just needs to keep his mouth shut.

Present Mic explains the battles' rules and introduces Deku and Shinso as they walk up the fighting area and wait for the signal to start. I'm sitting in the front row to get a better look at the battles and the student's quirks. Bakugo was sitting behind me with Kirishima next to him.

I look between the two fighters, and I see Shinso's lips moving. We were too far away to hear anything he's saying, but I bet he's trying to get Deku to talk. As soon as Present Mic tells them to start, Deku rushes towards him but suddenly freezes.

Oh, that idiot! "Ojiro! Did you not warn him?" I look back at him, but he was face-palming himself.

"I did! I explained it to the last theory I have." so Deku was basically provoked. Damn it.

"What happened to the Shitty Nerd?" Bakugo asks.

"Shinso has some kind of brainwashing quirk. If you reply to him, he could put you under his control and make you his puppet. You wouldn't even realize!" I explain to him and anyone who wanted to know.