Chapter 27

Midoriya's POV:

(Y/N)'s demeanor took a complete change when she realized who was under the black hoodie. I would have thought it was from the USJ attack since I heard she had trouble after that. But when Shigaraki walked up to her and spoke to her with such familiarity, that's when I knew it was different.

"I asked if you missed me?" he says to her, circling around her.

I see her shivering, she was trying to hide it, but her hands were visibly shaking. She gulps when he gets closer to her face, and her eyes haven't blinked since she saw him. He puts his face closer to hers and speaks again. "Why aren't you answering me? Did you already forget?" he asks.

(Y/N) bites the inside of her lip; it was like she was fighting herself. She didn't want to answer, but it was like her instincts were telling her she had to. "I... I-It's." she swallows, she tried to, but no words came out.

"Shigaraki, get away from her." I take a step forward.

He puts his hand close to her neck but doesn't touch her. However, that was more than enough to get a reaction out of her. She takes a sudden breath, and her breathing becomes extremely heavy.

She was on the verge of hyperventilating!

"I don't think you know what is going on here. You see, me and her, we are actually friends. Right?" he looks at her and gives her that creepy smile of his.

She couldn't even move away from him, she looks at me, and her eyes were begging me to get him away from her. I couldn't leave her like this.

"She obviously doesn't see you in the same way; get away from her." I walk closer to them, but he lifts both his hands in the air.

"Don't worry," he mocks us. "Now that I've seen you, I will do everything in my power to get you back in my arms. We had some good times; I miss them." he puts his hand on her shoulder, minus a finger of course, and leaves.

The moment Shigaraki is away from her, she falls to her knees, clasps her shirt, and tries to breathe. But her breathing was only getting worse.

"(Y/N)!" I run to her and try to support her. "You need to try to breathe; just try to think of calming thoughts." I try to help her.

She shakes her head and clasps her chest tighter. She tries to speak but only breathing noises come out. I rub circles on her back; it was proven that it could help soothe people. Her entire body was still shaking.

I look around us; no one has noticed us. I'm not sure if that is a good or bad thing, but I needed to find a place to take her to calm down. As I'm looking around, I see Uraraka from a distance running towards her. She can not see (Y/N) like this; I'm sure she would not want anyone to know about this.

"We need to get out of here, or else I'm sure someone will find us." I gently grab her hand and pull her to her feet. "Can you run?" I ask. Her only response is a nod.

We run around the mall for a few minutes before I find an emergency exit door unlocked, and we go in. "We should be good here for a while. Why don't you sit down? It will help you calm down." I tell her and help her sit.

I sit down next to her and stay quiet. I didn't really know what to say or do. It was obvious something was going on between her and Shigaraki. Something big, she had a panic attack.

"I-I'm sorry, Deku. You don't have to stay; you should go s-shop." she finally manages to say something.

"Don't worry about my shopping; I could use a break." I smile at her.

Another moment of silence passes by, and I decide to try my luck at making her feel less pressured. "(Y/N)... I know you might not want to talk about it, but sometimes it could help. Do you feel a bit calmer now?"