Chapter 39

(Y/N)'s POV:

This was not part of the plan. At first, it started out perfectly, but it seems they had a backup plan. Everyone was still fighting the Nomus that keep popping up. My attacks weren't strong enough to actually take down any of them, but I was still trying to help.

Endeavor wouldn't let me leave his side, so our backs were facing each other as we kept attacking. I kept getting distracted from time to time by looking up to where All Might is. I still don't know what happened after that scream, but I know it's nothing good.

Did something happen to Bakugo...?

No, I can't think like that. Everyone is here to help him; they can't all fail. "Endeavor, how are you holding up?" I hear the Number one Hero yell out as he looks down at us.

"Just fine. What the hell happened? I thought you had things under control, All Might." he asks the question I've been dying to ask.

"Bakugo is gone. We will move to the other location." what did he just say...? He jumps down to us and punches the daylights out of a Nomu next to us. "Can I leave (Y/N) to you? This is getting out of hand; she needs to get back home."

"No! You promised I would help! They wouldn't have run away if I showed up like we planned. I told you the best way was for me to show my face." I argue.

"Too many villains were there, I would not have risked your safety. Bakugo is okay, I saw him, and he was in fighting spirit. We will get him back. We already have heroes in the other location, don't worry." he justifies.

"Why am I taking her home? You're seriously starting to treat me like a babysitter." Endeavor joins the conversation.

"Don't worry, Endeavor, you won't be taking me home because I'm not going. I'm coming with you All Might." I scowl at him.

"Endeavor, I can't have her there; we don't know what's waiting for us. I can only trust you to handle her and make sure she gets home safely."

"All Might!" I yell.

"It will be safer for everyone if she's at home." what the hell is that supposed to mean?!

"Right. I get it now. Fine, but this will be the last time." he says and eyes me.

"Toshinori! I said I'm not going." I yell again.

"I'm sorry (Y/N), but this is for your own good." he says and leaps away, probably towards the other location.

"Let's go, kid." Endeavor says and starts walking away.

"Wait, Endeavor. Don't you want to be there? You're a hero too, right? Yet All Might is treating you like you can't handle all this. Let's follow him and help out, show him that you can handle just as much as him." I try to get to his head.

"Nice try. But that won't work. I know what I'm capable of. I might not like All Might all that much, but I know he does not look down on people." he looks down on me, challenging me to try again.

"You don't get it; I have to be there." I argue again.

"You're making this a lot harder than it needs to be." he sighs and walks towards me. In a swift sweep, he carries over his shoulders and walks towards my house. "You're going home, and that's final."

"E-Endeavor! Please put me down." I wiggle around to make him drop me. I never imagined the Second Top Hero would carry me like a sack of potatoes. "Put me down!"

My yelling got me nowhere. It was like he suddenly went deaf. After a while, I got tired of wiggling around and yelling, so I just stopped.

"You can put me down now... We're too far away for me to go back. I'll behave, promise." I say, defeated.