Chapter 49

Bakugo's POV:

I have no idea how I got back to the school or how I could still stand on my own two feet. I felt like my entire body is ready to shut down and just collapse... or explode.

I bust through the front doors of the school and continue my way to the teacher's lounge. Since no one was in the dorms, Aizawa would most probably be there. When I enter the room, I find him and All Might there; I was hoping to catch him alone.

"Young Bakugo? Is everything okay?" All Might stands up and walks towards me, but I take a step back. They both realize my shaking state and get worried.

"Aizawa-Sensei, I wanted to speak to you." I manage to say. "It's urgent."

"Then speak, what happened?" he asks.

"All Might... I didn't think he would be here; he shouldn't be here." my brain was screaming to get the information out; we were losing precious time!

"Is there something you can't say in front of me, Young Bakugo? It's okay, no need to be scared." he has no idea what he is about to hear.

"I'm sorry, I'm so fucking sorry. I didn't mean it! I took my eyes off her for a second; I swear it was only a second. I don't know what happened or how it even fucking happened, but I couldn't do anything! I'm so sorry!" I burst out and wrap my arms around myself, feeling the pain building up.

"What are you talking about, Bakugo? Calm down and tell us from the start." Aizawa walks up to me and puts his hand on my shoulder.

"(Y/N)... Fucking Shigaraki took her. I don't know how; I'm sure they have some kind of mind control quirk; she was acting weird. She said she wanted to go with him, but that's impossible, right? It's impossible, right, All Might?" I ask him and see him sit on the couch with his head in between his hands.

I did it again... I hurt him again.

"Where were you? (Y/N) is supposed to be with Mirko today." Aizawa takes control of the situation.

I finally explain everything to him, from how my day started to the second my world fucking ended when I saw her in his arms and disappeared. He had me sit on the couch and gave me a cup of water to calm my nerves, but I don't see how that will help me. Getting her back here would help me.

"Let me call up Mirko and see what really happened today. Something doesn't sound right; Mirko wouldn't cancel a day just like that." he says and takes his phone to get his information.

I look up and still find All Might in the same position. He was trying to calm himself, but I can see clearly how his hands are shaking. I still have to tell her parents... Oh God, her dad is going to murder me. I fucking deserve it anyway; I promised to keep her safe, and yet she was taken when she was with me.

Fucking Deku managed to keep her away from him... and I didn't.

"All Might, I'm so sorry. I swear I only took my eyes off her for just a second. She was acting weird all day, and I knew something was up, but I thought we could talk about it when we get back. I seriously didn't think he would be anywhere near us!"

"It's not your fault. You did nothing wrong." he mumbles, but I would have preferred it if he yelled at me.

Useless, fucking useless. That's what I am... a useless failure. Hero? Ya right. She called me her hero, and yet I got her taken by the one thing she hated the most in the world.

"Young Bakugo. Stop torturing yourself. We will get her back. You're right; she would never say she wants to go with him. Something must be up." I didn't realize he had moved to sit next to me. "I know you are scared and worried for her, but trust in yourself and in the heroes; we will get her back." he comforts me.