Chapter 14

(Y/N)'s POV:

The second the signal was given, we were already at each other sides and attacking each other. I only used my speed to get closer to him for now; I keep my attacks close-ranged and aimed for his torso. I figured it would be a lot harder for him to dodge if it was in the middle of his body.

I was close to being right... Damn Bakugo and his fast reflexes! My attacks are only barely scraping him, thanks to him dodging all the damn time!

His attacks are thunderous, which is the only unharmful thing about them! That's if we ignore the chances of me going deaf... How are his ears still okay?! But the real issue was their power. They are extremely hot up close, and they are not easy to ignore when they push you back.

My light doesn't have any explosive power, so the only thing it would do to him is sting him, and he might feel a little burn in the area. Nothing about it will send him away unless I use a lot of power, which could seriously hurt him with strong burns or even kill him.

I zoom away from him to take a breath; even though this was way more intense than I thought, I'm actually enjoying it. I focus on him and lift my hand at him, we both smirk at each other, and we knew it. We are both feeling the exact same way!

We are both hyped and energetic, maybe even a little mischievous. I should have known from the colors of my lights, Emerald Green. He tries to shoot his way towards me, but I stop him with my laser beams. It was time to get serious; he was obviously ready to give it his all, and if I hold back, even if just a bit, he would kill me.

I zoom towards him, stop in front of him for a few moments. I shoot a few beams at him, and I see him trying to throw a punch at me, but I zoom right behind him. I tap his shoulder with a sly smile and punch him in the face, sending him back.

"That hurt! Fuck!" he wipes the blood from his nose with the back of his hand. Even though he was swearing and saying it hurt, he had the biggest smile on his face. How does someone smile after getting punched? I don't know.

What I do know? Is that guy, Bakugo Katsuki... he was one of a kind! I am now sure that we were just meant to meet. He is the one who can keep up with me, the one who can take me full-on and not even care about the consequences; if anything, he welcomes them.

He was the one who made me get serious about this festival and even in my training at school. He flipped my world upside down; everything I thought I knew... he changed. He even got me to talk about something I have been keeping inside me for ages... I might not have told him the whole story, but I knew deep down I really wanted to. The moment he told me to take my time, I wanted to grab his hand and tell him everything.

"You have a lovely smile Firecracker, do you enjoy being punched?" I couldn't help but laugh at my previous thought. The fact that I would figure this out in the middle of this intense fight is crazy... just like the guy coming right at me.

"Let me return the favor, Christmas lights!" he shouts with his hand glowing, ready to blow. I run and slide under him, shooting a beam at his leg, burning a bit of his boot.

"Oops, I actually really liked those." I smirk and see him have a bit of trouble resting his foot on the ground.

"You'll pay for that. No one touches the boots." he explodes a few sparks from his hands. The boy loves his boots. 

We go at each other again; I keep dodging. I remember all the battles I've watched and how I could hear the crowd cheer, and yet now I hear nothing. All I hear is the shouts between Bakugo and me.

I'm sure Present Mic was commenting about the battle, and the crowd was cheering; I hope they record the battles; I would love to rewatch it and hear what he commented. It would even be great to study and learn from it for the future.