Chapter 52

Bakugo's POV:

I remember passing out at the warehouse. The next thing I know, I was in the hospital, connected to all sorts of machines and feeling very sick and dehydrated. I also recall hearing (Y/N) in the room panicking about something, and I think I replied to her? Although that part is very foggy.

The next time I wake up, it's early morning, and I could see the sun starting to rise in the room. Not sure if it's a thing in hospitals, but they need to close the curtains in here if they want the patient to get any sleep.

I feel a weight on my hand and look down to knock it off me, only to realize it's an entire person. (Y/N) slept here? In this position? There was a perfectly good couch in the room, but she decided to sit on the chair next to my bed and rest her head on it.

Her back is going to fucking kill her when she wakes up.

I'm not sure what time it is, but judging from the sun, it's very early, and I don't want to wake her up. She must be exhausted. I look at her again, trying to see if she had any serious injuries or if she got checked up before sleeping.

I remember fucking Shigaraki touching her shoulder, and I remember her pain-filled scream. Did she get that checked? It would leave a nasty scar if not treated on time.

From the looks of it, it didn't seem like she did anything but sit beside this bed. Is she crazy!? And how could the doctors not check her out before letting her stay here?

I need to tell Aizawa about this. He should know from his own injuries what this would do to her shoulder if not treated. But suddenly, I felt a wave of complete fatigue, and I could barely keep my eyes open.

And the room goes dark again.

"(Y/N). (Y/N)?" I wake up again to somehow calling out her name. I barely open my eyes and see Aizawa standing next to her, trying to wake her up. I look towards the window, and the sun was high in the sky.

Did I pass out again?

"Shoulder." I manage to say, but he didn't even know I was awake.

"Bakugo? Are you awake?" he gets closer to check on me.

"Forget me. Check her right shoulder." I tell him again.

He looks confused for a second before he goes back to her and gently checks on the shoulder I spoke about. He clicks his tongue when he finds what I meant and shakes her again, avoiding her injured shoulder.

"(Y/N). Wake up, you idiot. Why didn't you tell me you were injured?" his voice was annoyed but filled with worry.

"Aizawa-Sensei?" she finally wakes up and rubs the sleep out of her eyes. She looked adorable doing that, especially with her hair being everywhere from the bad sleeping position.

"Shigaraki got your shoulder, and you ignored it. Are you crazy?" he says one last time before he leaves to go call a doctor.

She looks confused for a bit, letting her brain catch up with her being awake and what's happening around. She looks around her, and when her eyes pass me by, she double-takes when it clicks in her head.

"Katuski! You're awake!" she almost yells and jumps up.

I couldn't help the chuckle that left me at her happy expression. "Hey, Christmas Lights."

She actually giggles at the nickname, not sure why though. She used to hate it. "I actually missed you calling me that. You were all heroic and charming, calling me 'Teddy-Bear' and other secret things; I thought I lost my feisty boyfriend." I could see some tears building in her eyes, but she gets rid of them.