Chapter 37

(Y/N)'s POV:

The next day, my mom was a bit reluctant to let me leave the house. She didn't say it, but I know she was scared something would happen again. Since we know that Shigaraki is officially after me again, she is secretly trying to keep an eye on me.

She didn't outright tell me I'm not allowed to go, but she kept coming up with excuses and chores for me to do before leaving. My dad tried to ease her worries and get her to let me go, but she kept playing innocent and not listening.

"Hello? Kirishima, how are you?" I call Kirishima; if I had someone with me, she might be less scared to let me go. "Did you leave to the hospital yet?" I ask.

Thankfully, he was still at home. He was just about to step out and head there; apparently, most of the class was already there. "If it's not too much trouble... um, is there a way you can pass by and we can go together?" I did not want to bother him with this request, but it was the only way I could think of that would allow me to go.

I'm not used to asking friends for favors, especially if it's out of their way. But after the talk we had at the camp, I feel more comfortable around him. It was like a weight was lifted off my shoulders and like the heavy mask I had on was gone. He found out everything, and he was still willing to be there for me, so I had to get used to the feeling of relying on him.

He laughs on the phone, "No problem! My mom was also a bit worried; I'll be there in a bit." he says, and now I'll just prepare my mom for it.

Not long after I hung up the phone, our doorbell rang, and it was our happy redhead. "Good morning Mr. (L/N). How are you doing?" he politely greets.

"Good morning Kirishima, come in." he lets him in, and my mom greets him.

"I came to pick up (Y/N). We made plans to visit our friend Midoriya at the hospital; he got hurt during the camp. Everyone is already there; I thought it would better if we talked together." he explains to her, showing her his confidence and care to ease her.

"That's nice, but... um, she is helping me around the house today." she tries again.

"My mom was also worried about me after what happened; I understand your worry Mrs. (L/N). But I promise you, I will be with her the entire day! I won't let her out of my sight and make sure she comes back home once we are done." he gives her a comforting smile.

Just looking at that boy will put you at ease and forget your worries. If my mother thought of arguing with him and refusing, she found it very difficult after he gave her that smile. She looks at my dad and me, and when she didn't see anyone that would back her up, she let out a sigh.

"Please be careful, both of you. It's not like I want you to get hurt either." she pouts her lips, making my dad chuckle and hug her.

"I give you my word!" he fists his hand and grins.

We finally leave the house and head to the hospital. It seems Izuku was feeling a lot better, but his arms were still wrapped up, and it seems Momo was also here. She exhausted herself at the camp during a fight with a villain. Thankfully, all she needed was some rest.

All of class 1A was in Izuku's room talking about random stuff. "Good morning, Izuku. How are you feeling?" I walk up to his bed.

"(Y/N)! You made it. I'm fine really, I just want to free my arms." he laughs as he lifts them up to show me.

At the end of the bed, Todoroki was intensely looking at me. Actually, I'm not sure if he's just looking or actually glaring. He doesn't move his gaze even when I look at him, it made me feel on the spot, so I looked away.