Chapter 25

(Y/N)'s POV:

The test after ours was Uraraka and Aoyama. I was back in the observation room and watching the test just like everyone. So this is how they saw me and my team win; nothing is hidden from those cameras.

Aoyama says something to Uraraka, and she blushes immensely, and somehow that led to their victory... I get an idea of what he could have whispered to her to get that reaction. I look at Deku and find him happy that his friends won.

Poor Uraraka, he will never notice. But at the same time, she hasn't noticed either.

Mina and Kaminari... that test was brutal, honestly. Principal Nezu didn't take it easy on them at all; he went full-on crazy! It was like he was taking out his anger on them for some reason. We all felt bad for them when they came back. We didn't even know what to say to make them feel better.

Koda and Jiro, now that was an interesting test! For the first time since I joined the school, I saw what Koda can actually do. I mean, he used his quirk on something that made my skin crawl, but it made them win at the end. If I was Present Mic, I would have died of a heart attack...

Hagakure and Shoji's test was confusing? I could barely keep up with Hagakure since I couldn't see her properly. I basically just watched Shoji and figured she was around him. I don't even know how he managed to work together with her, but I guess it was thanks to her that they won. Thanks to her invisibility quirk, she was able to sneak up and cuff Snipe. Although for her to be fully invisible... doesn't that make her naked...?

Mineta and Sero were next; as much as I wanted to support Sero, I didn't want to watch Mineta do anything. Especially since he was going against Midnight, he has some sick fantasy about anything with boobs and an ass. It was annoying.

Before their match starts, I see Bakugo leave the room. I take the chance and sneak out after him. I see him with a gloomy expression, sitting where I was sitting in front of his own arena. I walk up to him and sit beside him. "Don't tell me the great Bakugo Katsuki is nervous?" I tease him.

He doesn't answer me; he keeps looking down at his boots with that scowl of his. I nudge him with my elbow and try to look at his face. "Hey, everything okay?" I ask sincerely.

He heaves a sigh and lifts his head only to let it drop back with his eyes closed. "I'm fine. I just need some peace and quiet before entering." He finally answers me.

"It seems to be more than that. You don't want to get it off your chest?" I try to get him to tell me the real reason he seems so out of it.

"There's nothing to talk about. I'm going against All Might, and I just need to collect my thoughts and come up with a good plan." he says, still not looking at me. 

"You will have Deku with you. I'm sure you two can come up with a great plan. I've noticed it before; both of you have amazing strategic and tactical thinking." I try to cheer him up, but he suddenly blows up on me.

"As if I'm going to fucking work with that Shitty Nerd! Forget it!" he screams.

"Bakugo! He's on your team; you have no choice. That's the point of the exam." I try to reason with him.

He grabs me from my arm and pulls me harshly. "I will never work with him. I will win this by myself! I don't need him!" he yells again.

What is happening to him? Why is he suddenly so mad? I've also noticed the hatred Bakugo has for Deku, but I never knew why and never had the chance to ask. From how this conversation is going, I doubt Bakugo would tell me if I asked.

I snatch my arm away from him and glare at him. "I'm not blind to overlook your hatred for him, but you need to get those emotions under control! This is a test! You need to cooperate to pass. You told me to do it, so now you need to do it as well." I yell at him.