Chapter 29

(Y/N)'s POV:

I wake up in the morning, earlier than usual. I stay in bed and stare up at the ceiling. I didn't have to get up and get ready for a little while. I feel well-rested and ready to go at any moment. We have the entire summer break for training. As exciting as that is, the thought that I'll be spending it with Bakugo and the rest is even more exciting.

Speaking of Bakugo and the class. Every day I find it weird how these days I have no problem going to school, meeting my classmates, or even thinking of hanging out with them. Before I joined U.A, I hated the thought of hanging out with people or even sitting with them.

Yet now I'm part of a squad that I actually like and laugh with. I'm friends with the others in the class and get invited to hang out, and I, surprisingly, don't make excuses to refuse them. And when I do go and join them, I enjoy my time.

How did I get all friendly with everyone? Back in middle school, the thought of the people in my class made me sick... Hanging out with them was a definite no. No need to think twice about it.

I know for a fact that the accident is the reason behind my lack of friends and why I push people away, or at least keep them at arm's length. I don't trust easily, and yet two people already know about my past.

Maybe they don't know about the full details, but they have seen me in my vulnerable state. I can't decide what's worse, them knowing the full truth or seeing me panic. At the end of the day, it all worked out, I guess.

I feel like I still don't trust people easily. I mean, if I'm being honest, the reason I told Bakugo and Izuku about my accident is because they saw me panic. I couldn't get out of explaining it. Coming up with a lame excuse takes too much effort for something as strong as a panic attack.

And as close as I feel to Kirishima, and I could probably tell him anything, I don't see myself uncovering my past to him. Even as little information as I told the others. I directly get the feeling that they would pull away from me or treat me differently and like I'm fragile.

I still rather deal with my own problems on my own.

Although, Bakugo Katsuki has other plans. I don't even know how he is always there when I have a problem, and even though it's not his style to get into people's business, he is always trying to help me.

And it works.

I hate being weak in front of people, whether it's getting hurt or crying, yet Bakugo has seen both, and I don't know how that brought us closer. He still doesn't accept being anything other than strong in front of me, but I think he will slowly start to open up.

I want to trust Bakugo; with everything I've got. I want to believe that we can be each other's supports and make each other stronger. My body decided, in its own way, that we can trust him. As I told him yesterday, whenever he is around, I feel this ease. It's like I can let my guard down and not worry about watching my back.

I like this new feeling. I never expected to make friends, let alone have feelings for someone and dating them. My alarm rings, and I get up to get everything ready. My summer break of training starts now!

Kaminari's POV:

Yesterday was seriously fun! Everyone made it to the pool, and the day was just great. Of course, we can't forget the girls... man! They all looked so good in their swimsuits. I was hoping they would be in bikinis, but the school swimsuits weren't so bad after all.

At first, we just wanted an excuse to see the girls, but Midoriya invited everyone else, and it turned into a fun day with a little training. We also can't forget the swimming competition that Aizawa-Sensei so rudely interrupted!