Chapter 16

(Y/N)'s POV:

My body aches.

Did Bakugo beat me that hard? I remember putting up a proper fight; I don't remember taking on that much physical damage. Why does my body ache so much then?

I slowly open my eyes and feel a headache coming on when the bright light of the room almost blinds me. I lift my heavy hand to cover my eyes, and the pain rushes all over again. "Where am I?" I ask, not knowing if anyone will answer.

"(Y/N)!! You're awake! Thank God." All Might's booming voice resonates through the small room, and I try to sit myself up, but he stops me. "We are in the infirmary, don't try to sit up; just rest for now."

Infirmary? So I did get a beating... Did I win or lose? How come I don't remember anything...?

"All Might, did I hit my head?" I rub my head, trying to ease the pain and regain some memories of my fight against Bakugo.

He gets his chair closer to my bed, and his face shows a bigger worry. "Not that I recall. Why? Does it hurt? Do you want me to call Recovery Girl?" he asks, almost falling off his chair.

"I just have a headache; I'm fine. I can't seem to remember what happened during the battle; who won? What happened?" I'm hoping he says I won, but I got a lot of damage and passed out. However, it felt like a long shot...

He takes a deep sigh and leans back on his chair. "I'm afraid you lost the battle. However, you put up such a good fight! It was intense to watch; it could have gone either way. I was worried for the both of you; if we hadn't stepped in, it could have been severe trouble." he tries to paint the picture for me, but I concentrated on one word.

Stepped in? The heroes had to stop our fight? Was it that bad?

"If... you hadn't stepped in, could I have won?" I couldn't help but ask.

"If we hadn't stepped in, both of you and the spectators could have been in a lot of trouble and danger. We had no choice." he explains.

I'm not a child that will start whining just because things didn't go her way, but it was sure frustrating that our second fight was stopped as well. Even without the fight stopped, I still lost. This means Bakugo was closer to winning than I was. Either way, I would have lost.

I cover my eyes with my arm, not wanting All Might to see how frustrated I was feeling. "Why am I here while Bakugo isn't? Was I the only one who took damage?" I whisper out.

"I can answer that for you." Recovery Girl walks into the room and stands on the other side of my bed. She removes my arm away and rests it next to my body. "That young boy simply had more energy than you. It had nothing to do with who was stronger; it was only who lasted longer."

So Bakugo had more stamina than me. I guess I shouldn't be surprised. He has been training very hard from a young age to control and understand his quirk to perfection. He has been aiming to be the number one hero since he was a baby, basically. All that aspiration helped motivate him and push him to work harder and improve himself.

While I, on the other hand, have been training just for the sake of it. Yes, it was to make myself stronger, so nothing happens again. But I never once tried to understand how I could improve with my quirk. How I could use it in different ways for different strategies or in different forms.

In the weeks I spent with my classmates and watched them train and strategize, and even studying their attacks from time to time, I learned a lot more than when I trained with my parents. Even the classes with All Might, learning what it takes to be a hero and everything you will need to do.