Chapter 15

Bakugo's POV:

What the fuck is happening?! The battle was going fine, more than fine; it was going great! We were both going all out, and it was the most thrilling battle I've ever experienced. I knew it would be amazing going against her, but this was beyond my expectations.

I acted like I had everything under control, but it was the most stressful battle all day. If I looked away for a split second, she would get the upper hand, and I would be gone. Her speed was something extraordinary; calculating where she would end up beforehand took a lot out of me. I wouldn't admit that to her obviously, I need to be on top and get her rattled up.

Her Emerald Green lights were amazing, I don't know what it meant, but from her expressions, it had to be something related to her sudden hyperactivity and that mischievous smile of hers. Her attacks were strong and fast; we were both trying to prolong but at the same time finish the battle as soon as possible.

We both knew if we drew out the battle for too long, it would lessen our chances of winning. But neither of us was willing to sacrifice anything to win; we both wanted to win with the abilities we have, without using some kind of cheap trick.

Although I never thought her speed could go even faster! When she circled around me, I knew I was screwed... There was no way I could keep up with that or calculate it when she's that close to me. By the time I realized she was coming for an attack, I was stuck just watching her. The seriousness in her eyes was crazy... her eyes screamed that she would do anything to win, and nothing will make her back down.

But suddenly, her speed disappeared, and she slowed down to normal right before she attacked. I knew that was my only chance to end it, or else she would win. I don't know what happened to her speed, and I don't think she knew either.

Everything changed after that; she seemed like she couldn't activate her quirk anymore. She was breathing heavily, and she was lost and getting more frustrated by the minute. I tried to hype her up again by taunting her, but it didn't work.

All of a sudden, her head dropped, and she went still. Did she pass out? Did I go too far? Like I did with Round Face? Could she not handle me? I thought if anyone could handle it, it would be her. Midnight goes to check on her, but something goes terribly wrong.

A burst of air blows all around, and Midnight gets pushed out of the arena. Thankfully I was away from the center; I was able to hold my ground. When it passed, I look up and see (Y/N) standing there. But... everything is different about her.

One thing is new... Her eyes. Instead of her normal-looking, beautiful (E/C) eyes... now she had only white covering her eyes, and they are lit up. It's like they are glowing. Is that part of her quirk? Some new technique? 

Some feeling inside me though, told me this is something completely different. It was like she was a whole different person... That is not the (Y/N) I was fighting. It can't be.

"Young Bakugo, listen to me; you need to leave now! Don't engage her, dodge all her attacks, and get away from here." All Might's voice comes out of the speakers in a hurry and slight panic. That is a bad sign if even All Might is telling me to run.

I couldn't do that; my gaze was stuck on her. My legs wouldn't move. I wouldn't say I'm scared, but I can tell when something is bigger than I can handle... and she is that right now. Unconsciously I take a step back, and just then, her eyes felt like they finally focused on me.

It like she wasn't acknowledging my presence before I moved, and now that I have, she noticed me. I see her hand extend towards me, and she lifts her wrist straight, pointing right at me. This could not be a good sign! Especially with the daggers that suddenly showed up around her.