Chapter 38

Kirishima's POV:

I did not know how to react to what (Y/N) just told us. Everyone was quiet; no one knew what to even say. What do you say to a friend who basically went through hell when they were a kid? I kept my eyes glued to the floor, lost on what to do.

"I think I remember hearing my dad talk about an incident like that." Todoroki speaks up.

"Ya, All Might tried to keep it under wraps, but at first, it was all over the place." she explains. I look up and try to look at her. She was relaxed in her seat, but if you looked closely, you could see how she was hugging herself pretty tightly.

I used to do that back in middle school when I was uncomfortable or scared. I felt a lot safer and somehow protected when I did that. She was pushing herself to tell us all this, I knew she wasn't okay with talking about it, but I couldn't help but feel happy that she trusted us enough to tell us.

She completely opened up to us, which is a huge step for her, and if the subject wasn't so serious, I would have jumped in joy for managing to enter her close circle.

"(Y/N)... you didn't have to tell us but thank you. I can only imagine how hard it was for you, but now I can promise you we will never let something like this happen again." Midoriya says as he puts his hand on top of hers.

"Ya, you are one of us now. We will always be there for you, no matter what it is." I finally manage to say something, but I couldn't put a smile on my face.

(Y/N) gets off her chair and crouches in front of me with her own smile. "Kiri." my eyes widen slightly at the nickname. "You don't have to feel sad about all this; I'm okay now. Well, kind of." she chuckles and shrugs.

"I-I'm fine." I bite my cheek on the inside for stuttering.

She hugs me, "Thank you, Kiri, for everything. But I love it a lot more when you smile." she puts her fingers on my lips and lifts them into a smile. "Frowning doesn't suit you."

She was trying to cheer me up when she just had to share the hardest thing she ever went through. I'm the one who should be cheering her up, not the other way around. I get off my chair and give her my biggest hug!

"You're amazing!" I exclaim.

They all laugh, and I join them, feeling the mood-lifting up.

"Ah, Izuku, I... I wanted to talk to you about something, or more like ask. Let me just go wash my face from all these stupid emotions." she laughs and exits the room.

"Speaking of Midoriya, I wanted to talk to you about something." I need to get him on board with my plan; I'm sure he would want to be a part of it. "I'm planning to go save Bakugo, (Y/N) will be joining me, and I thought you would want to come."

Todoroki and Midoriya look at me with shocked faces, not believing I would even think of something like this. "But Kirishima, we aren't allowed to act on our own, you know that." Todoroki says.

"I know, but we also know that the Pros might take too long." I didn't want to mention it, but I have to if it gets them on my side. "Look, (Y/N) was originally planning on taking Shigaraki's offer. To hand herself in to get Bakugo back, and I barely managed to convince her not to on the promise that we would save him together."

"That's impossible! She can't do that; we can't let her do that!" Midoriya says.

"I know, and that's why we need to do this. Bakugo needs us, and we can do it." I push again.

"Guys, I know you want to include her in this, but I don't think we should bring her with us if we do this." Todorki says.

"What do you mean?" I ask.