Chapter 12

(Y/N)'s POV:

There were three matches left, Momo versus Tokoyami, TetsuTetsu versus Kirishima, and Bakugo versus Uraraka. Many people found that match to be unfair, but that's just stupid, in my opinion. We don't pick our battles in real life.

Momo lost against Tokoyami, which makes him my next opponent. I need to start thinking of a plan now so I don't waste time in the actual fight. TetsuTetsu and Kirishima actually ended up in a draw, so they will do something else after the official matches are done.

Now the match everyone was dreading, Bakugo versus Uraraka. They said the girls should stand together, but I'm actually rooting for Bakugo. I want to see him on top; I want to see how he will push and explode his way to the summit and claim it as his.

The match starts with Uraraka directly going for a low attack; Bakugo didn't move from his place. He was concentrating, watching her moves. When she got close, he swung his right hand let out a big blast right at her. It was bigger than the ones I've seen before. That has got to hurt.

"Even while fighting a girl, you still have no mercy, do you, Bakugo?" I hear Tsu say, and that just annoys me.

"Is he supposed to take it easy on her because she's a girl? Will a villain take it easy on her because of her gender as well?" I speak out my thoughts without looking at anyone; I wanted to remember every second of this match.

"(Y-Y/N)? You okay?" Deku says

I hum at him. When he gets nothing else, he turns to continue watching. He was, of course, rooting for Uraraka. It's obvious that everyone would want her to win; she's like the underdog of this fight.

Smoke was everywhere, and the arena was getting destroyed by his explosives, but he stayed focused and on his toes. He didn't let his guard down once around her. She kept trying to come at him, but from such a low angle, I didn't understand why.

Kaminari and Sero commented on his reflexes, and I couldn't agree more. They were amazing; everything he was doing was just amazing to watch. He kept his movement to a minimum, only when necessary. His blasts were strong and loud, and he kept hitting her with them.

People were starting to feel sorry for her and hating on him. It's a good thing I was interested in the battle so much I didn't want to miss a second because I would have killed a certain someone.

"Bakugo, don't tell me... that's the direction your taste runs in..." Mineta comments.

"Shut it, you little grape! I will literally rip out every single ball on your head if you say anything like that again." at this point, no one wanted to get near me. I didn't notice how taken I was by the battle.

But I won't allow anyone to say such vulgar things about Bakugo. Especially a pervert like that idiot! He's the last person to comment about his abilities; he doesn't even come close to him. People are blinded to his skills by his bad attitude and aggressive nature, but if they just look past that, they will be able to see how amazing he really is.

I was shaking just by watching his blasts. When I fought him, I didn't get the chance to experience his attacks. Watching him now... I want to. I found myself hoping Uraraka loses; if I beat Tokoyami, I'll get to go against Firecracker. I shiver out of excitement at the thought of it.

Some guy in the crowd, who turned out to be a Pro Hero himself, actually got up and shouted at Bakugo. "How can you expect to be a hero like that?" and just like that, the crowd started booing at him. How can they do that? Can't they see that he isn't playing around? How terrific he is?

I lean my elbows on my knees and rest my chin on my hands. Squeezing them till they turned white out of frustration from the booing. Even though it seemed like Bakugo wasn't paying attention to them, it still isn't something nice to hear.