CHAPTER TEN💜

Once Geraldine gets to her seat, she drops her bag pack on the desk. She hadn't spoken to anyone since
she left the hostel, she had found her way down to the classroom, without any obstruction or Intrusion.

Seeing Jewel who had a small smile playing on her lips surprised her. That was when it dawned on her, she hadn't seen her since morning.

It is a Tuesday morning, so they had regular and important subjects. Monday's and Tuesday's where treated with all seriousness.

She doesn't miss Nengi and Leo. She wouldn't deny the fact, Leo sitting with them did surprise her.

Knowing the kind of person Jewel
was.

"Gidi!" Nengi calls out she he sights her, meanwhile she acknowledges him with a smile.

"You didn't let Veronica seat here. Why?" Geraldine asks a straight question. One thing about her was
her inability to beat around the bush.

She always went straight to point. She didn't want to create an issue about it, she just felt bad about it, especially after Veronica had complained about Jewel's behaviour towards her.

Most times, she wished she could just get into Jewel's head, she wanted to know whatever she was thinking about. The girl acted off most times.

She noticed Jewel's facial expression turn from confusion to realization.

"She reported to you! You should
come and advocate for her or what? " Jewel asks in a bored tone. Meanwhile, Geraldine seats on her
position. With Jewel's response, she didn't know what to respond, and didn't have the strength to argue with her.

"People should learn how to speak for themselves, and stop sending in spoke's man or woman," Jewel says in a bored tone, now looking around the class.

"I don't know your problem with her, but Veronica is nice, she doesn't have.., "

"Like I care? She being nice or not doesn't concern me. I don't like her, I don't want her anywhere close to me, I came to this seat first, if she wants to occupy it, then I would leave. There is no need arguing."
Jewel says not stopping for a moment.

Meanwhile, Geraldine takes a deep breath, before turning to talk to her. Nengi on the other hand beats her to it.

"No one is telling you to leave. Just stop been paranoid. We are all human beings like you." Nengi says looking grim, meanwhile Jewel turns to him slowly.

"Shut up and mind your business. No one invited you here." She spits out without thinking.

"Seriously, Jewel you have a big problem," Nengi says turning to his book, meanwhile Jewel hisses,
now turning to face Geraldine, only for her eyes to meet with the piercing ones of Leo, the speed he
used in looking away from her was surprising.

"Everyone thinks I have a problem, you all keep on blaming me, I can't force myself to like someone. Gidi the fact you can do it, doesn't mean I can, so please stop being judgemental." Jewel says now attempting to get up.

Geraldine and Nengi, knew what was going to happen next.

Geraldine pulls her down forcefully, intending to stop her from taking off.

"Fine. Sorry!" Geraldine says calmly. She knew that was the only thing, which could calm her down.

There is a sudden silence, amongst them. Geraldine stare ahead for a while, no one saying a word or attempting to, before finally taking her eyes off the whiteboard. Her gaze meets Jason, she rolls her eyes and hisses.