CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE💜

Slowly he walks into the waiting room , not after greeting a teacher whom he saw on his way. Taking his eyes down, to avoid bumping into anything.

Immediately he sights his mum, he increases his pace. People always thought twice when he told them she was his Mum. He could remember the first time, Xavier met his Mum, mistook her for a family friend or Aunt. First reason being, they didn’t look alike in any way. His grandma has been mistaken to be his mum so many times. Neither he or his sister looked like there mother.

Another fact was she looking very young, she didn't only look young, she was, also the way she dressed and carried herself, you would mistake her to be one of this unmarried ladies with no kids. The first term was correct, she was unmarried, but she had two kids, and they both looked like there father, neither of them looked like her, right from the skin colour to every other thing, you could say his gene is dominant.

"Miss Fisayo!" He calls out immediately he gets to where she stood, she was currently typing through her phone, and she looked very serious. The manner and the way she turned to him, he had to rephrase his statement.

"Good Evening Mum!" He greets, meanwhile she tears her gaze from him, down to her phone, she stares at her phone for a while, Ashley watches her without uttering a word.

Most times she acted off and strange, you might think she didn't care, because of her behaviour, but Ashley knew his Mum loved him and his sister more than anything in the world, she had proved it countless of times. She also meant the world to him. Although he loved his grandma very much too. She was just the best, he only just needed to open his mouth to ask, whatever he wanted from her, that he would get.

"How are you doing?" She finally asks putting her phone away, and taking the nearby seat, which Ashley joins her in no time.

"I am fine, you? How is grandma and Nicole?" Ashley asks immediately, meanwhile Fisayo blinks her eyes. A reaction he was familiar with.

"Nicole is home, i guess your granny is fine." She says.

Ashley smiles, his granny and Mum weren't the best of friends, but at least, there was peace in the home, they both had different lifestyles and behaviours. Most times he wondered how they started leaving in the same house, because she was his Dad's mum.

"Big mummy is in Port-Harcourt. At Uncle Jay's place." His Mum suddenly says. This statement got his interest.

That was his maternal grandmother. Who he knew even before his own mother, he only found out about his mother when he was six. Everything was complicated in his little mind, even till today, he hadn't gotten an explanation, and still didn't know what happened.

He didn't know his Dad, he knew both Grandma's. According to his granny, his dad wasn't dead, he was in jail. His parents weren't married, but had him and his sister, it was just too complicated. Calculating his Mum's age, with his, he concluded, she conceived him when she was just sixteen and his younger sister when she was twenty-three. Everything was just complicated to him.

He had never seen his mother with any other man, who wasn't related. With his mindset, he always believed there was aman somewhere. How could she just be like that, without a man in her life? She hasn't a nun.

"Thank God she didn't have a stroke. Because she almost did." She says and sits properly, she is suddenly quiet.

"Thank God,” Ashley says because that was the only thing he could think of.

The sudden silence from his mother's side, makes him keeps mute, while he watches her calmly. The way she looked at him, and her body language, that was always how she acted, when she wanted to break either bad or good news.