ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғᴏʀᴛʏ-ᴇɪɢʜᴛ💜

Dedicated to _eberechi
Thanks for the amazing cover.

Your performance in this chapter will determine if I will update tomorrow.

Over 200 comments and 100 vote, expect an update immediately.

🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹

Walking into the classroom, Geraldine spots Jayden at a distance. She manages to keep a straight face while she walks up to him. She noticed, five Ss1 students gathered around him. As surprising as it was, he had started without her, but deep down she knew it wasn't something that was suppose to surprise her, it was him after all.

She already knew what was up, and knew what to say.

"Senior Gidi!" Adeola one of the Ss2 students calls out to Geraldine calmly. She seemed to have noticed Geraldine before every other person.

This makes Geraldine give her full attention, that instant she could feel Jayden's gaze fall on her, but tried to act very confident, like she hadn't noticed a soul.

"Good afternoon Senior!" One of the juniors student says, another one follows suit, in a split second, the others follows suites.

"Good afternoon!" Geraldine found herself responding with a geniue smile. "So you guys have been briefed right. Is it just five of you? Mr John said we could go with more..., "

"We have passed that stage!" Jayden voice is heard suddenly, slow and very deep, making Geraldine wonder whose voice it was at first, until her face settles on his.

She tries to keep a straight face, now facing Jayden properly.

"A minute." She says. The tension in the air was too much, even to the students, meanwhile Jayden who looked confused, follows her lead until they were at a place where the junior students couldn't hear whatever theyweree saying.

"Would appreciate if we respect ourselves in front of those students," Geraldine says not pausing a bit, she didn't also miss the look on his face.

It was obvious she was waiting for his response, but it clearly didn't surprise her he didn't respond either.

"It won't be funny, If we start exchanging words in front oftheses students, Mr John won't take it likely too, And trust me, I am ready for that, anyhow you want it, hot or cold." Geraldine says not losing eye contact.

She is shocked when he doesn't respond but starts moving away. Confused and shocked, she stands unmoved, her mouth sealed, even though she wanted to say something, no word seemed to be coming out.

"So let's start." She heard him say. The students gathers around him in less than a minute.

Geraldine walks like a dejected person down to where he stood, at the same time they hear the warning bell. She knew what was next.

"Senior, it's 5 minutes to break over." Adeola, one of the juniors says to Geraldine who knew they had wasted their first meet up.

"Same time tomorrow," Jayden says immediately. It even seemed like he was eager to make them leave.

In less than two minutes they all move out leaving just Jayden and Geraldine in an empty class.
At first, it seems very awkward, this makes Geraldine attempt to work out but gets stopped when she heard the name.

"Geraldine Johnson!"

The fact he called her by her full name made it weirder. She slowly turns to his direction, they both make a stern eye contact, which she breaks quite uneasily.