ɪᴍᴘᴏʀᴛᴀɴᴛ: ʏᴏᴜ sʜᴏᴜʟᴅ ᴋɴᴏᴡ

Hi!

So I wanted to say a lot. Especially in response to the previous chapter and the storyline itself.

I noticed majority of us skip authors note, so I decided to make it a fresh chapter. Which you guys should try checking. We writers, put a great deal of information there.

Firstly, can you remember when Nathan almost raped Cherish?

Everyone had there opinion right? And we all settled with the fact he was high and didn't know what he was doing. Like high.

I don't know about you all, but I know we have our own opinions about things. Me being a writer doesn't mean I must enforce it on you.

But to me, I think that case 50% defines how you reason even when you are sober. Okay I have watched movies, read stories, about people raping someone when they are high and stuffs like that. But I believe you portraying that, there is 50% chance of you, doing that, even though you were sober. This is an open class, we are all learning here, if you disagree with me, you are welcome to drop your reasons here. ....

Let me be clear, Nathan had the intentions to rape Jewel, he was angry, and had decided if she didn't give it to him peacefully, he would take it by force.

No one deserves being raped. That's just the fact. Boy or girl. We all know her traumatic it can be.

Now let's go into the main reason I'm writing this now. I can remember a reader telling me, that this book was kind of misleading, when we talked about Cherish attempted rape case, that it was kind of misleading the young teenagers here, about it being okay to keep quiet about the issue of rape.

And I was like, I didn't address that issue then, because there was a bigger issue coming up. So I had to wait for this.

Now, if Cherish had opened up about what Nathan almost did to her, don't you think it might have saved Jewel from this? Or any other girl Nathan might have tried this with.

I know some of us loved Nathan from the onset, loving the bad boy vibe he gave and expecting the girl changing his thingny. Some of us thought Jewel will change Nathan.

But what we all didn't know is, things aren't always rosy, the good girl mustn't always change the bad boy.
Also Nathan is technically one of the villains in this book, in case you failed to realize.

Okay, back to Cherish.

If Cherish had opened up, and not hidden this, don't you think another girl would have been saved?

ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴏɴᴛ ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ϙᴜɪᴇᴛ ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ʀᴀᴘᴇ. ʀᴀᴘᴇ ɪsɴᴛ ᴀ ᴊᴏᴋᴇ. ɪᴛs ᴛʀᴀᴜᴍᴀᴛɪᴄ. ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ sᴀᴠᴇ ᴀɴᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ᴘᴇʀsᴏɴ, ʙʏ sɪᴍᴘʟʏ ᴏᴘᴇɴɪɴɢ ᴜᴘ, ʏᴏᴜ ᴡɪʟʟ ᴀʟsᴏ sᴀᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ sᴇʟғ ᴀɴᴅ ɢᴇᴛ ʜᴇʟᴘ ɪɴ ʀᴇɢᴀʀᴅs ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʀᴜᴍᴀ.

ʏᴏᴜ sʜᴏᴜʟᴅ ʙᴇ ᴀsʜᴀᴍᴇᴅ, ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴏɴᴛ ɴᴇᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ, ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴅɪsɢᴜsᴛɪɴɢ ᴘᴇʀᴠᴇʀᴛ sʜᴏᴜʟᴅ ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ғᴀʟʟ, ɴᴏᴛ ʏᴏᴜ.

𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐚 𝐯𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐦 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠
𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲
𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐚 𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐯𝐢𝐯𝐨𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠
𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐨𝐧 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡
𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝𝐬
𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭, 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐦𝐭𝐡
𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐞
{𝐀𝐥𝐞𝐱 𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐞}

One thing you should know is the fact you aren't what happened to you, you are what you choose to become.

Like Freda Adler said. Rape is the only crime in which the victim becomes accused.

But despite that, you should know that;

She was powerful not because she wasn't scared, but because she went on strongly, despite her fears.
{atticus]

I won't blame Cherish, she was scared, especially of the people around her, she didn't think anyone would believe her. Trust me, it was attempted rape, but she will be with that scar for life.

If you are a young girl reading things, I want you to know your voice will be heard, if you just say it. Don't be scared of anyone. You aren't weak because you are a woman. It's not your fate.

Be it an uncle, a random person, a family friend, pastor, teacher, it can even be your father. It sounds gross, right? But they are a lot of people going through this abuse, one of you might be reading this. I know you might be ashamed, but you should know it isn't your fault.

Now let's not leave the male aside, in this. Some boys also gets sexually assaulted by aunties, maids etc. I have a total story dedicated to that. Trust me there will be lots of lessons there.

JUST KNOW WE AREN'T DONE WITH THIS TOPIC IN THIS STORY YET.

Ekanem mentioned being abused. Trust me, it's a very deep issue. That book is deeper than it looks. We have a few chapters to go here.

I don't know what else to say other than, if you are hurt about me letting such happen to Jewel, just know, things happen. Stories are being plotted differently and for a reason. Like I always say, NOT EVERY STORY GETS A HAPPY ENDING. I hope this does.

I also have another thing to address.

I see some comments and dm's about the characters which makes me wonder. No one is perfect. Like in this book, Geraldine looked perfect, but we all tend to make mistakes once in a while, it doesn't make us less of a person. And there is no way, someone will just be fully perfect, as some of us expect.

Each of these characters has their flaws, having a good heart doesn't make them less of a human and a pure saint or angel, people tend to make mistakes. Differentiate right from wrong. Not because Jewel is your favourite character, then everything she does is right, because truth me, Jewel does a lot of craps in this book.

All because Geraldine seems perfect, she mustn't make a mistake, or everything she does is right.

Now let's not leave the fact that Jewel got this coming to her. No one deserves rape, I repeat no one. But she had this coming.

There has been several warnings about this double dating and dating thing, but as usual, she refused to listen.

I just hope some of us has learnt from this. We have fee chapters to go. Expect next update soon.  The drama is far from over, my people.