𝑤ℎ𝑎𝑡 ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑝𝑒𝑛𝑒𝑑 𝑡𝑜 𝑎𝑠𝑡𝑒𝑟? 𝑝𝑡. 3

unedited

Jennie

Jineul-unnie was out of the hospital a day after she woke up. She continued resting at her house with the help of her manager and Hoseok-oppa.

Today is the livestream online concert but my mind is still wandering about what unnie said that day.

She was enduring all this pain by herself while keeping that perfect composure. I wonder how she did it.

"Jennie-unnie! It's time to go live!" Lisa shouted and I replied back with an okay. I took my place in the stage and we started our performance.

During our first ment, while I was talking, Jisoo whispered to me that Jineul-unnie was watching backstage.

"BLINKS! Jineul-unnie is watching backstage right now! Say hi!" I said to the camera while waving.

We finished talking to the fans then hurried backstage to change outfits for the  next song. When we arrived, we asked the staff where unnie is and with the mention of her name, she appeared but something looked different.

"Unnie! What are you wearing?" Rosé asked while a stylist changes her earrings.

"My outfit for the next song. It's 'How You Like That' right?" She replied back while she puts on her earpiece.

"You didn't think I'll miss this one right?" We smiled knowing what she'll do next.

"So here's what we'll do." We gathered towards our leader and listen to what she has to say.

After that short meeting, we all went on stage and performed the next song. Unnie stayed for the whole concert, and she even performed an unreleased song titled 'Lola'.

The Show received a lot of positive comments and even welcomed Aster-unnie. After the concert, we all went to eat in unnie's house. She also revealed to the members that she will be taking 3 months of hiatus.

"Is there something wrong, unnie?" Lisa asked and I looked at Jineul-unnie.

"The reason why I was rushed to the hospital days ago was because of my illness. I have astrocytoma, a type of brain cancer." The others fell silent, trying to process what they heard.

"U-u-un-nie." Rosé said in a shaking voice, holding back her tears. Jineul-unnie went to comfort her but the tears kept flowing.

"How long did you knew? Why didn't you tell us?" Jisoo-unnie asked, still shocked.

"I knew about it last year and I was planning on not telling you, at least not until I'm cured. You have a bright future ahead of you and I cannot hold you back with my condition." Lisa cried in Jineul-unnie's shoulder and she put her hand on her head.

"You should've told us! We could've helped you!" Lisa said still crying.

"It's fine now, don't worry. I have a friend in the States who would cure me so I would be going there. I'll be leaving in a week because I need to fix some things."

"Ok, that's it. We'll help you with that and you won't be able to stop us." Unnie laughed and said fine. They all went back to eating then I remembered something.

"Unnie, have you told Hoseok?" She smiled and said that she has.

"He also wanted to go with me in the States but I told him that I'll be fine. He'll be visiting at times." I nodded and went back to eating.

The next day, I went to Jineul-unnie's studio because she said she has something to give me.

"What is it?" I said while looking at the flashdrive in my hand.

"I made a song just in case you want to make a comeback even when I'm not here."

"You do know that we won't do that right? BLACKPINK is 5 and we do everything as a group. We'll wait for your comeback then we'll release new music."

"Awww~~don't do that." Jineul-unnie chuckled.

The group decided to stay at unnie's house until she leaves for the US. We helped her around the house so she won't stress herself out.

"I can do this, don't worry! Go back with them and enjoy."

"According to what I read, patients like you shouldn't be stressed so you're the one who should go with them." I said while taking over the dirty plates.

"Well, I can't fight research articles." She handed her gloves and apron to me and headed to her refrigerator.

"What is that?" I asked referring to the unfamiliar drink in her hand. She sat on the counter next to the sink while I wash the dishes.

"It's a healthy drink which I forgot the ingredients. Hoseok gave it to me." She looked at the bottle before drinking it.

"I assumethat it does not taste good." I laughed at the disgusted look she had after downing the drink.

"As much as I love Hoseok, I hate his drink so much. Oh my god, what was in that?" She wiped her mouth with the back of her hand.

Fast forward (again), today is the day unnie will be leaving. We are all in the airport saying our goodbyes before her flight gets called.

"Call us when you land! We'll miss you!" The two youngest gave unnie a big hug.

"Of course, I will. Sorry I won't be there when you have your solo debut. I'll make it up to you next time, I promise."

"Don't stress it, unnie! Your health is more important than anything so focus on that." They broke of from the hug to give way to Hoseok.

"I'll miss you. I'll come there after my comeback, okay?" He said in her hair as they hug. They went on for a few minutes before we heard the announcer call her flight number. We each gave her one last quick hug before letting her go.

She did call us right after she landed saying that some of her childhood friends welcomed her as well as Mark from GOT7 who also flew to the US few days before she did. We wished her luck for her treatment and hoped that she comes back quickly.