𝑘𝑜𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑏𝑜𝑜 (20)

BLACKPINK Aster Talks About Moving Out, Being Named After A Car Model, and The Black Label's Future 

🇳​​​​​🇪​​​​​🇼​​​​​🇸​​​​​                                                                                                                   🇰​​​​​🇴​​​​​🇷​​​​​🇪​​​​​🇦​​​​​🇧​​​​​🇴​​​​​🇴​​​​​

                                                                                                                  🇩​​​​​🇪​​​​​🇨​​​​​🇪​​​​​🇲​​​​​🇧​​​​​🇪​​​​​🇷​​​​​ 2, 2020

BLACKPINK's Aster has been chosen as the muse for Vogue Korea's December 2020 issue. She held a carefree but elegant photoshoot as she goes shoeless in a fairy tulle dress and a dainty crown with a hard candy lollipop in her hand. She also sat down for an interview about her recent life events.

We heard that you moved out from the group's dorm and you are the first member to get her own house. What made you decide on this matter and how was the experience?

"As much as I did not want to move out, it was necessary because sometimes, I will go home very late when the girls are already sleeping and I do not want to bother them because of that. I still go to the dorms once in a while. The members told me that they made my room a place for the pets. When I moved to my new house, I was really ecstatic because I was able to style it the way I wanted to."

How did your boyfriend react to you moving?

"He actually offered his house to me but I also do not want to bother him so he helped me in my furniture shopping and the rearranging."

A few months ago, you were announced as the new CEO of The Black Label. How is the company nowadays?

"It's actually going very well. We have a lot of talented people training under the label and probably in the next years, a new girl or boy group will be debuting. We have debuted two new soloists this year so you could say that the development of the label is going way better than expected."

At this point, could you say that you are the most carefree boss that trainees ever had?

"I think so, yeah. Not because I am younger and I have felt what these trainees have gone through. The trainees might say that rather than instilling them the standard training that we've had, I also teach them some things that are actually important as an idol. Of course, the singing, dancing, and rapping workshops are vital for their debut but things such as cultural appreciation, being careful with their words, social and political awareness should also be studied. I do not want them to catch any scandal in the future that might ruin their career."

If you are given the chance by the head entertainment to expand The Black Label, what are your plans?

"Maybe branch out to other parts of the world. I want to expand the label and introduce more unknown or underrated artists. I know there are a lot more undiscovered talents out there and with the label, I can make them known to the world and grow more as an artist. But of course, I do not know if that will be possible. We need to grow the label more here in the country before branching out. And I do not know as well if I will be the one to supervise that project in the future because my contract as the CEO is only 7 years."

So you are not the CEO yet?

"Because I am also an idol, having two responsibilities for the company is very hard. The contract basically states if ever I want to let go of the CEO position and focus on being an idol."

But what do you think about it? Would you still want to balance the two or just focus on one responsibility?

"Time will tell but for now I think I still can balance the two positions. However, there are sometimes when I thought that I can't do it and when that happens I turn to the people I'm close with for advice and redirection."

Last month, a very famous car brand named one of their new models after you. When you knew about it, how did you feel about that?

"I was really shocked, to be honest like what did I do to deserve this kind of appreciation. It's really an honor. They actually sent me the car, like the first unit before releasing them to the public. I went here with the car today."

Fans expressed their thoughts about Aster's CEO position online saying that she deserves to keep the role due to her good upbringing of the trainees. Aster's interview is now out on the official site of the magazine.