34: Who's In trouble Now?

"Oh my God! I can't believe this is really happening!" I shook my head in shock as I stared at the track before me. Naborhi was beside me with intense concentration as she never looked away from track. I couldn't believe I had actually gotten in the car with her but she had promised that she was a professional and I was in the mood for a new adventure. I had never been in an auto race before. This was bound to be the most exciting moment of my life or the biggest mistake of my life, which ever it turned out to be, it was a memory I would never forget anytime soon.

I heard a honk and glanced out the window to see Wizkid glancing in my direction. My heart skipped a beat. I still couldn't believe he was here just casually racing us.

"Are you ready to loose?" He questioned Naborhi and I glanced to the girl who stuck her tongue out at him. He made a biting gesture and I squealed like a little girl.

"You ready?" Naborhi turned to me and I gave her a thumbs up, telling her I was alright, although I was super nervous.

A flag man walked into the middle of the road just a little bit ahead of us with a green flag and lifted it high up to indicate that the race was about to begin. I swallowed hard and gripped my seat belt even tighter. I was really nervous about this but I was more excited, especially whenever I realized Wizkid was right in the car beside me. I never would have thought that this moment would've been possible but here I was.

"Let's gooooo!" Naborhi cheered, hitting the steering wheel in excitement and just then, the man let down the flag, indicating the race had begun.

In the blink of an eye, we had zoomed off. Dashing down the track with great speed.

In a couple of minutes, we had completed the first lap out of the three we had agreed on and Wizkid had taken first place. Determined to not be left in last place for any longer, Naborhi picked up the pace and had managed to go up beside Wizkid but it only took a moment for him to shake her off. He was having a lot of fun, making Naborhi eat dust but she was relentless and always caught up to him, even overtaking him a couple of times.

"Come on! Come on!" I chanted as we approached a curve. Wizkid was ahead once again and we were nearing the end of the second lap. If he won this round, the game was over.

"You're not helping, Tia!" She said through gritted teeth.

"You're not helping either! Pick up the pace or he's going to win!" I pointed out, gesturing Wizkid's car that was far in front of us.

"I'll only be able to do that if I could concentrate and I can't do that if you keep nagging me!" She yelled at me and I sat back in my seat, seeing her point there.

"Good point. I'll shut up now!" I made a zipping motion on my lips.

Naborhi began to turn the steering wheel as we got to the curve but controlling the car at that speed had become challenging. She had managed to stay in control though and soon caught up with Wizkid. Just as the finish line was in sight, Naborhi switched gears and went full throttle. Just like the wind we blew across the track and right by Wizkid.

"Yes, mother fisher! Yes!" Naborhi cheered as we won the second lap. I had a huge grin on my face as we went on to the final lap. This was so exciting and apart from the fact that I thought I was going to die each time we negotiated a bend, I was having a lot of fun.

Out from nowhere Wizkid breezed passed us and Naborhi gasped. She shook her head and switched gears once again.

"Oh no you don't!" She muttered as we tailed him. She was about to circle around him but the moment she pulled to the left, so did he and when she pulled to the right, so did he. He was trying to stop her from overtaking him and that only made her all the more determined to overtake him. "That's how you want to play? Let's play." She laughed and nodded as the process repeated itself.