69: Sunlight

"Derrek, where are we going?" I giggled as I took a slow step forward. I was blindfolded and couldn't see a thing. Derrek had been behind me, steering me in the right direction but I still felt like I was going to fall with each step I took.

I couldn't tell if Derrek had responded or not cause he had also placed headphones over my ears to block out sounds of the outside world. Instead, my ears were filled with songs from Derrek's Playlist, some questionable and some, I really enjoyed.

"Derrek, I'm not even kidding this time. I'm going to fall." I said as I stumbled a little. I felt Derrek's hands cup my shoulders for a moment and then, I felt a kiss on my temple. I gasped, surprised by the sweet gesture.

Derrek and I never really had time to talk about our kiss after everything that had happened with Naborhi and Ruby. Naborhi had taken the first flight out to New York after confronting Ruby. The girls and I had been left with little explanation. She had said that she wanted to keep us out of danger so she couldn't reveal too much, not until she thought it was safe to, then, she promised to call us once everything had been sorted out. All she did tell us was that she was going into witness protection for a while as she had been linked to the case, all thanks to Ruby. The whole world knew she was in Nigeria, so, it wasn't safe here for her anymore.

I had been extremely worried about Naborhi. She had been mixed up in a murder case which involved a possible South American cartel as she had told us and the thought of it was frightening. I could barely sleep for days just praying that she was going to be alright.

Derrek had come over to my house after a few days to check up on me. We had talked on the phone but not for too long and the subject of discussion was always Naborhi. He had decided that I needed to take my mind of things and offered to take me out on a nice relaxing outing which I agreed I needed.

"Are we there yet?" I asked once we stopped walking and a moment later, I felt myself being picked up in Derrek's arms and I shrieked in surprise.

For a moment, I was unsure if I was truly in Derrek's arms or I'd been abducted by a stranger but the scent of Derrek's cologne reassured me and I gave a sigh of relief.

I giggled as I felt Derrek's chest vibrate on my side as I wrapped my arms around his neck and I realized he must have been speaking.

"I can't hear you, remember?" I reminded him.

A few moments later, I was set down carefully and I felt a sway under my feet which left me confused. Why did it feel like the ground had moved?

The first thing that came off was the headphones and I heard the unmistakable sound of the waves of the sea slapping against each other.

"No way!" I realized where we were immediately and the blindfold came off. I blinked a few times as my eyes adjusted to the bright afternoon sunlight.

I gasped as the endless blue sea came into view before me and I heard Derrek's chuckle beside me. I turned around to face him with a smile on my face.

"How did you know I wanted to come here?" I had thought about the yacht ride Derrek and I had taken this morning. I had remembered how the sound of the waves and the subtle swaying of the yacht had calmed me even though I was initially scared to go on-board.

"I'm just that amazing." He praised himself. "Knowing what Tiara wants is one of my many, many talents."

"Of course." I rolled my eyes and walked further onto the yacht. The breeze was cool and the sun wasn't too hot to burn my skin. Everything was just perfect.

"This way, milady." Derrek took my hand and led me to the sundeck where a table with two chairs were seated, along with trays of food and drinks.

"Derrek, you shouldn't have." I smiled at him and he smiled back, looking slightly embarrassed.