61: Because Of You

A/N:

Thanks for the 13k reads! I love you guys!

❤️❤️❤️

"Tiara!" I jumped as I heard a familiar voice call from behind me. I had no intention of turning around, maybe if I ignored him, he would have gone away. Much to my dismay, Derrek circled around me, placing his hands on my shoulders to stop me from walking away. He drew his arms back a moment later. I couldn't bring myself to look up at him, so, I stared out to the side and crossed my arms over my chest.

"You're not going to change my mind, Derrek. I'm leaving." I turned around and walked over to the closest seat, then, I settled down and crossed my legs before placing my clasped hands on my thigh. I had made up my mind to leave and nothing was going to change my mind. Sure, it was a coward's move but I would have rather been a coward than a liar in the eyes of everyone I cared about.

Derrek walked up to me and I averted my gaze from him. A few moments passed and he hadn't said a word. I felt the urge to look up at him but I held myself back. If he was here to stop me from leaving, why wasn't he?

Before I could complete my train of thought, Derrek settled down beside me and let out a grunt as he did so. I glanced at him from the side of my left eye to see him getting comfortable in the metal chair but that wasn't what caught my attention, it was the plane ticket he had in his hands.

I instantly turned to face Derrek, wanting to be sure I had seen correctly. I had. He had a plane ticket in his hand.

"Why do you have a plane ticket?" I asked, my eyes scrolling from his face to the ticket and back to his face.

"Isn't it obvious? I'm catching a flight." He said nonchalantly as he glanced at his golden, expensive looking wristwatch, then, he glanced around us with eyes slightly narrowed.

"What?" I said in alarm. He couldn't have been doing what I thought he was doing, right? "Wait! You're not following me to New York, are you?"

"Would you have a problem with it if I was?" He arched an eyebrow at me and I sprang up to my feet. What was he thinking? He couldn't come to New York with me, that would have destroyed the entire purpose of getting away from him.

"You can't come with me, Derrek!" I told him firmly and he got up to his feet, taking a step towards me.

"Why not?"

"Why would you?" I had to refrain myself from yelling. We were out in public and the last thing I wanted was to draw attention to myself.

"It's as they say, if you can't beat 'em, join' em." He said with a shrug and I scoffed at his nonchalant attitude. There must have been a reason why he had gone on to buy a plane ticket to New York but what was it? I stared at him, trying to figure out his reason but I wasn't a mind reader, I couldn't tell what was on his mind. The blank expression on his face wasn't helping either.

"Derrek—"

"I know how stubborn you are, Tiara. I can't convince you to stay, so, I'm coming with you instead." He said, placing his hands on his hips as he rocked back and forth on his heels for a moment. I saw a hint of an unfamiliar emotion in his eyes before he returned back to his seat.

"You can't come with me!" I walked up to him, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Why not?" Derrek challenged, getting back up to his feet and I averted my eyes from him as he stared deep into my eyes, waiting for an explanation from me. I didn't know what Derrek wanted from me. I really didn't. Why didn't he just leave me alone when I asked him to? Why did he never come to me when I wanted him to? Why was he here?