12: Angry In Peace

Derrek came back like twenty minutes later and I could tell that his mood had changed, although he'd tried to hide it. I arched an eyebrow at him in question and he simply shook his head, giving me a small smile.

I made a mental note to question him on the ride home.

"So, I'll just go get my boyfriend. Derrek must be tired of hearing girl gossip." Tosin said shortly after and we all laughed.

"I've got twin teenage sisters, so, I'm used to it." Derrek replied with a laugh. "It would be nice to meet your boyfriend though." He gave Tosin a smile and she turned to me whispering 'He's so hot' even though he could clearly see her.

"I'll just be a minute." She excused herself before walking off in the north direction.

I turned to Derrek and he was staring into space with his eyebrows furrowed and his lips pulled down in a frown. He must've felt my eyes on him because he turned to me the next moment with a smile on his face.

"So, Tosin thinks I'm hot, huh? Huh?" He nudged my arm with his elbow and wiggled his eyebrows at me.

"Whatever, Derrek. I've seen hotter guys." I waved him off and he laughed in response but it didn't sound genuine though. He had done a good job in acting like nothing bothered him but I could see the worry in his eyes. I had the strong urge to question him but I couldn't with Naborhi standing across from us. Sure, she had seemed carried away with whatever it was she had been doing on her phone but her ears were always listening. She was an amebo like that.

Shortly after, Naborhi put away her phone and begun to question—no, interrogate Derrek and he responded like a pro. It made me think he had done this 'fake fiancé' thing before. He had an answer to every question. It was impressive but disturbing all at once.

Had he done this before?

Was I not his first fake fiancée?

Where they other ex fake fiancées?

"Can I help you, Tiara?" Derrek's nudge pulled me out from my thoughts and I noticed him staring at me with an arched eyebrow.

"Ehn?" I raised my eyebrows in question.

"You've been narrowing your eyes at me for the past minute, so, can I help you?" He repeated and my eyes scrolled off him and in the direction where Naborhi was stood but she wasn't there anymore.

"Where'd Naborhi go?" I asked instead and he nodded in the direction behind me. I turned to see the peppy girl chatting with a group of four young men. She had her flirting face on and I couldn't help but laugh. "That girl would never change."

I turned back to Derrek only to see him typing away on his phone with an upset look on his face.

"Is everything okay?" I asked and he locked his phone immediately, stuffing it in his trouser pocket.

"Yeah. It's nothing." He nodded, giving a smile which didn't even reach his eyes. I could tell he was lying to me but I was well aware I was in no position to question him. I wasn't his real fiancé after all. We weren't even friends.

Before I could say anything, Tosin approached us with a tall, dark and handsome man who looked a lot familiar. I gasped as I realized who he was.

"Lex!" Derrek laughed, shaking his head as Alex Iwobi's eyes widened on seeing him.

"As I live and breathe!" Alex said as Derrek pulled him in for a manly hug. "Bloody Derrek Speedy Dune!" He laughed as he pulled back, giving Derrek a friendly handshake and patting his back with the other hand.