52: Two Truths And A Lie

"How about we play two truths and a lie?" Naborhi suggested and a few groans of disagreement filled the air. "Oh come on, live a little!" She sneered at the groaning party which included myself.

I poured myself another glass of wine and took a few gulps. I couldn't bring myself to stay sober after Benjamin had told me that Ruby was in town. She was here with her father to supposedly apologize for all she had done but I didn't buy it one bit. Nothing good could have come out from her presence here and I was worried about what she had planned. Against my better judgment, I downed two canned beers and was now on my second glass of red wine. I was starting to feel numb which was my goal for the night. I just needed to not think about Ruby for one night.

"She's right. It's my party and Tosin says you all have to play two truths and a lie." Tosin ordered and I rolled my eyes. She had made up her own version of the Simon says game and literally forced everyone into playing her games after the guests had left. She had even hidden our car keys and cellphones just so we couldn't leave.

Tosin, Alex, Naborhi, Benjamin, Derrek and I had sat around the coffee table in the living room, playing a couple of games, ranging from card games to charades to drinking games.

"It's not like we have a choice." I mumbled and Tosin glared at me.

"Your car keys and cellphones are right on the dining table. I'm not holding you hostage." She continued to glare and I laughed a little harder than I should have, putting my hands up in surrender.

"Alright!" Naborhi rubbed her palms together in excitement. "Rules: if your lie gets caught out by the majority, you take a shot. Simple and short."

"I'm not drinking. I have to drive home." Benjamin declined and Naborhi excused him without any questions. It was so unlike her.

Turning to my brother, I had only just realized he hadn't drank a sip of alcohol all night. Thank God he was responsible cause I certainly hadn't been thinking of driving when I had my first glass.

"Birthday woman, spin the bottle to select our first player." Naborhi passed an empty wine bottle to Tosin who took it with a smile. She was already buzzed. I could see it in her eyes.

I looked up to where Derrek was seated across from me and stared a little longer than I knew I should have. My mind had been burning with questions all night but I couldn't bring myself to ask him any of them. He glared at me everytime our eyes met and I couldn't understand why.

I took another gulp from my glass and set it back down on the table. I needed to get Derrek out of my head but he just didn't want to leave.

"Ouu! Benjamin, looks like you're up!" Tosin wiggled her eyebrows at my brother who let out an awkward laugh. This was the first time he had consciously hung out with my friends even though he had known them for years and I had to admit that it was a little weird having him here.

"Okay, let's see." Benjamin hummed, glancing upwards as he thought of something to say. "I am Tiara's older brother, Pink is my favorite color and I have never drank a drop of alcohol in my life."

"That's easy! The lie is the second one." Tosin spoke up first.

"I think the third's the lie." Alex said and when Tosin gave him a weird look, he explained. "Boys are allowed to like pink and there's no way party Ben is an alcohol virgin." He had heard all my stories of Benjamin's party days when I had recalled them with Tosin.

"I agree." Tosin changed her mind and agreed with Alex.

Everyone casted their votes and we all ended up picking the third as the lie. We turned to Benjamin waiting for him to reveal the answer.