23: What's The Plan?

A/N:

We're at 2000+ reads💃🏽💃🏽
Thank you so much loves❤️❤️❤️

"Ana, hi!" I grinned at my best friend as she glanced at me with narrowed eyes and arms crossed.

"Is there a reason you are at my house so early in the morning?" Naborhi arched her perfectly carved eyebrows at me in question and I shrugged casually.

"It's payback." I said. She had visited me unexpectedly in my house, in my room, early in the morning as well. At least she was already awake when I called that I was coming over.

The entire Uber ride home, I felt very uneasy. The closer I got to home, the louder my heart pounded against my ribcage. It was a brilliant plan to get a pregnancy test done at the hospital and then, show the results to my parents and clear my name but somehow, it wasn't that simple.

My parents had trusted Ruby over me and that hurt me a lot. I was angry, I was sad and I was hurt. What if they still didn't believe me even after I had proven to them that I wasn't pregnant? Their precious Ruby could never lie to them, she was an angel after all.

So many negative thoughts ran through my mind and at a point, I realized that I wasn't ready to face them just yet. I needed to get away from everything for a while. Apparently, one night was not enough.

"I hate you, Tiara." Naborhi groaned as she stepped aside for me to walk into her house. She had gotten herself a nice duplex in banana island and I had to say, I was impressed with the decor. She most certainly had gotten an interior designer to set everything up. Naborhi was clueless when it came to interior design. She never understood the dynamics.

"I love you too, boo boo." I blew a kiss at her as she walked ahead of me, leading me into the living room. I took a seat on the milk colored leather couch across from the huge television and crossed my legs, relaxing for the first time all morning. "You watch keeping up with the Kardashians?"

"In my spare time, yes." She said, settling down beside me. I turned back to the TV and watched the show but a few minutes into it, I drifted into my thoughts.

How had everything gone so bad so fast? My fake engagement with Derrek Dune and now, the entire situation with Ruby and my parents. Only if I could turn back time.

"Are you going to tell me why you're really here or do I need to continue pretending that I didn't notice something's wrong?" I noticed Naborhi's head turn towards me from my side eye vision. I really didn't wish to discuss my family problems with anyone, not even my best friend.

"What are you talking about?" I opted to play dumb instead, keeping my eyes focused on the TV in order not to give myself away. Naborhi could always see through my lies. She was like a human lie detector.

"Don't give me that bull, Ti. It's past ten am and you're literally in pyjamas." She sat up and turned her upper body in my direction. She wasn't going to let this one go.

"T-shirt and shorts." I corrected.

"You're literally in pyjamas." She repeated and I gave a heavy sigh, crossing my arms over my chest.

"I don't want to talk about it right now, okay? Please, understand."

"Fine." She sighed in defeat and rested back on the couch. "I'm here when you're ready." She gave my shoulder a comforting squeeze and I glanced at her, giving a grateful smile.

We watched a couple of TV series for the next few hours and just as it was time for lunch, Naborhi pulled me to her kitchen to make my special jollof rice. She had always loved my jollof rice. It was the only thing I cooked that she could swallow. According to her, I would have been useless in the kitchen if my jollof wasn't incredibly good.