60: If The Truth Came Out

I felt my heart stop as soon as I saw Ruby's name flash on my phone screen. I wondered why she had been calling me but I knew it couldn't have been for anything good.

"Aren't you going to take that?" Benjamin arched an eyebrow at me and I nodded, proceeding to answer but my thumb hovered over the answer button. I took in a deep breath before finally picking up the call.

"What was that stunt Derrek just pulled, Tiara?" Candice's voice came through, completely taking me by surprise.

"I don't know why he did that. I didn't ask him to." I tried to remain calm but I was panicking on the inside. If Ruby and Candice released those photos my life was going to be over.

"I don't want to have to release those photos but you've given me no other choice." Candice feigned a sad sigh and I shook my head.

"Listen, I'm on my way to the airport. I'm leaving the country! I'm going far away from him, so, please don't release them!" I pleaded.

I noticed Benjamin glance at me with a worried look but I ignored it, turning towards the window. I didn't want to have to do this in front of him.

"Derrek rejected me in front of the entire world! If I can't have him, I'll destroy you both!" Candice yelled and the line went dead right after.

"Candice! Hello? Candice!" I called out to her but it was too late. She had already hung up. I tried redialing her but there was no answer.

Candice sounded really upset and I was sure she was going to release those photos to the press. She wanted to destroy me, I could hear it in her voice but I was helpless. She had the upper hand here.

"Tiara, are you okay? What was that all about?" Benjamin asked and I broke down into tears.

"She's going to ruin me!" I sobbed, burying my face into my palms. What was I going to do now? I couldn't ask anyone for help without telling them what Candice had on me.

"Who is going to ruin you? What is going on?"

"I did something terrible, Ben. Candice and Ruby have evidence. They are going to expose everything and I don't know what to do." I said, lifting my head.

"How bad is it?"

"You'd never look at me the same way if you found out." I considered telling him for a moment but I shook my head, stopping myself. After all these years, I finally had my big brother by my side. If he found out I had lied to him about something this big, he would have never forgiven me. He would have never looked at me the same way.

"You're my sister, nothing could ever make me look at you any different."

"I can't tell you. I'm sorry." I sniffled, cleaning the tears away from my face. I needed to think of a way to stop those two crazy ladies from ruining my life but how?

"How do we stop them?" Benjamin asked and I glanced at him, wondering if I had heard him right.

"What?"

"How are we going to stop them? What's the plan?"

"You're going to help me?"

"Of course, I am. I don't care if you murdered someone, I won't let anyone ruin your life." Benjamin gave me an assuring smile and I felt slightly better. "You didn't actually murder someone though, right? Cause I think I'd have to draw the line at murder. That's just a lot to-"

"I didn't kill anyone, Ben." I rolled my eyes at him and he gave a sigh of relief, causing me to crack a little laugh.

I felt my phone buzz on my thighs and I immediately picked the phone up, hoping it was Candice but instead, Derrek's name flashed on my screen. I stared at it unsure if I should have answered the call or not. Logic said to ignore the call and block his number to avoid further trouble from Candice but I knew Derrek was never going to quit if I didn't pick up. He had gone as far as coming to my house every time I ignored him. He wasn't going to stop until I made sure he had no reason to call me.