17: A Good Looking Tree

A/N:

You guyyyyssssss!!!!

We're at 1000+ reads!!!! 💃🏽💃🏽💃🏽💃🏽

Thank you so much!!!!

❤️❤️❤️❤️

***************************

I stared deep into Derrek's eyes and he stared back into mine. His stare just as intense as mine. Every few seconds or so, I found myself in awe at how beautiful his eyes truly where. He had large eyes which made him look like a cute kid and his lashes were thick and long which had me a lot jealous as mine had been short and straight. I felt my eyes sting and although every fibre of my body begged me to blink, I didn't. I didn't want to loose to Derrek but it seemed like I was about to. Derrek hadn't even flinched one bit. His eyes remained wide open and focused with the intent of winning.

"Shit!" I hissed as I blinked. I had lost to Derrek in yet another game.

We were done with dinner a little after nine and Tosin had insisted that Derrek and I headed over to her apartment for a fun night of drink and games. She had always wanted a couple game night but most of her friends were either single or somehow avoided game night. I couldn't blame them though, Tosin was very competitive. It was really frustrating sometimes but I did owe her for ignoring her messages and calls for a week.

"That's three to nothing. I win again!" Derrek laughed mockingly as he struck a pose, flicking the sides of his jacket backwards so his white sparkling shirt was fully exposed, then, he placed his right hand in his pocket and brushed his other hand over his hair.

"You cheated! It wasn't a fair game!" I argued and Derrek scoffed as he glanced at me in annoyance.

"How could I have cheated when Tee and Lex watched me like a hawk?" Derrek argued and I rolled my eyes as I crossed my arms across my chest, annoyed. "You lost fair and square so take your shot."

I pouted as my eyes glanced at the shot glass staring up at me. I'd already drank too much alcohol and I was a light weight. If I had anymore I would've sang like a canary and spilled all our secrets to Tosin and Alex. Alcohol was like a truth serum for me amongst other things. I spilled all my guts when drunk and I hated that so much.

"Come on, Tiara! Driiiiinnkkkkkk!!" Tosin nudged and I shook my head stubbornly. "You're killing the fun! Just take the dang shot!"

With the roll of my eyes and a heavy sigh, I picked up the miniscule glass and knocked back the alcohol, grimacing as the burning liquid flowed down my throat.

"Alright!" Tosin cheered, clapping her hands together excitedly. "It's our turn now." She got off the couch and pulled Alex up with her. They settled down on both sides of the coffee table at the center of the living room and prepared themselves for the staring competition. I laughed as I watched Tosin being her over dramatic self as she blinked like a million times per second, making funny faces as she did so. Alex seemed amused by it.

The night consisted of a whole lot of other games that involved alcohol and a lot of shots and peer pressure later, I was starting to feel extra giggly, however, the gang wasn't done yet.

"So, now..." Tosin got up to her feet and I groaned, crashing my back to the body of the couch. The games weren't over yet?

"Is she always so-"

"Boring?" Tosin offered and Derrek nodded, earning a glare from me. "Tiara's one of the funnest human beings I know, so, I'm shocked to see her so-"

"Boring?" I offered, glaring and she let out a laugh. "I'm not in the mood for games, guys. I've got a lot of problems in my life right now. I know things are going to end badly but when?"