54: The Biggest Fool In The world

A/N:

Thanks for the 9k reads!!!
💃🏽💃🏽💃🏽
I love you guys so much!!! ❤️❤️❤️

I really didn't think that Derrek was going to show up at my house yet there he was waiting for me on the sidewalk when I got back home. It was dark out, so, I could barely seen his face but I was positive that it had been him leaning on the black car parked by my house.

I scoffed as I got out of my car and crossed my arms as he walked up to me. I had nothing to say to him and I surely didn't appreciate him showing up at my house unannounced.

"Why are you here?" I asked as he stopped a few feet from me. I tried to act like nonchalant, even though a million thoughts had been running through my mind. It was easy to say I was going to forget all about him when he wasn't standing right in front of me but now that he was, all the hurt and anger had come flooding back. I hated feeling that way.

"I needed to talk to you." He simply said. His intense eyes stared into mine like they were searching for something.

"I don't want to talk to you, Derrek. Please, leave." I turned around and made a move towards my gate. Derrek rushed up to me and held onto my wrist to stop me from leaving.

"Please, Tiara." He pleaded and I could hear the desperation in his voice. I couldn't bring myself to leave after that. Why was it so hard for me to get over this man who had lied to and deceived me? Why couldn't I let him go?

I turned around and pulled my arm from his grip, then, I crossed my arms over my chest. I couldn't bring myself to glance at him, so, I stared at my feet instead, hoping this could all be over quickly. I hated how vulnerable Derrek made me feel. I hated how much I wanted to be with him and I just wanted to move on but he made it so hard to. Did he even realize it?

I made the mistake of glancing at him as the question passed through my mind and I instantly regretted it. The moment our eyes met, I felt a weird fuzzy feeling and I was once again hypnotized by his beautiful brown eyes.

"I must be the biggest fool in the world." Derrek said and the trance was broken. He looked away from me and brushed his hand over his short, curly hair before setting them back at his side.

"Why are you here, Derrek?" I repeated my earlier question.

"My head knows one thing but my heart says another." He said, taking a step closer to me. "It's like my heart knows something that my head doesn't."

I felt my heart beating faster as he spoke. What had he meant by that? Was he saying what I thought he was saying? Was I just overthinking it? What was he trying to say? I found myself lost in so many thoughts and was pulled out only when Derrek spoke up once again.

"Tiara, I need you to tell me everything." Derrek said, staring deep into my eyes. "I need you to tell me everything about us."

"W-What about us?" I stuttered, blinking a couple times too fast.

"Pieces of you are stuck in my head. Pieces of memories of you that I can't recall and I can't make any sense of it." Derrek took another step closer to me.

Our feet were touching and although a voice in my head was screaming for me to step back, I couldn't bring myself to. I took in deep breaths to calm my pounding heart but with each word he spoke, my heart threatened to break out of my ribcage. Did he really remember me? If he did, why was he telling me now?

"I see your smile every time I close my eyes and it's driving me crazy." He confessed and for the first time since I met Derrek, I thought he might have actually felt something for me.