16: On Second Thought

"Hello there." Ruby smirked as her eyes raked all over Derrek's body. He was dressed nicely in a black, glossy expensive looking suit paired with a white button down shirt and black shoes.

I frowned as I watched her catwalked over to him, extending her arm as she did so. "You must be Derrek Dune. I'm Tiara's cousin, Ruby but you can call me anytime." She winked at him and I scoffed but said nothing. It was so typical of Ruby to do that.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, anytime." Derrek joked as he took her hand in a friendly shake and Ruby let out the girliest giggle I had ever heard.

"You're so funny, Derrek." Ruby playfully smacked his upper arm as he let go of her hand and I felt my blood boil. Oh the nerve she had to shamelessly flirt with my fiancé right in front of me.

Fake fiancé. My mind reminded but I brushed it off. Ruby didn't know we weren't really engaged.

"Wow, you're even more good looking than I imagined. I never really believed Tiara would land someone as hot as you." Ruby continued to flirt and I had to hold myself back from tackling her to the ground. How dare she?

"Ruby, quit flirting with my fiancé and go find your own." I said through gritted teeth as I stormed over to them. "You, come with me." I glared at Derrek as I grabbed him by the wrist and pulled him along with me as I made my way to the stairs.

"I was just being friendly, Tiara. Jeez." Ruby muttered from behind me and I rolled my eyes. "Bye, Derrek!" She called in a flirty voice and I scoffed as Derrek responded with a wave.

As soon as we got to my room, I let go of his wrist and shut the door behind us before proceeding to my bed and taking a seat at the edge.

"What do you want?" I asked coldly as I crossed my arms across my chest.

"Oh, I was in the neighborhood and decided to drop by." Derrek simply shrugged as he took a look round my room, avoiding my glare.

I scowled as I glared at him for a few more seconds, only easing my face as his eyes fell on me.

"I see you've become jobless. Don't you have a company to run or something?"

"It's Saturday." He replied as he stared blankly at me.

"Whatever, Derrek. You can leave now." I gave an annoyed sigh. I didn't know how much longer I could stare at him without yelling at him for yelling at me and kicking me out of his house. I wasn't holding grudges but he'd been so rude to me and he hadn't even bothered to apologize.

"But I just got here."

"And?"

"Come on. We haven't hung out in almost two weeks. You can't kick me out just yet."

"Really?" I scoffed, shaking my head in disbelief. "Watch me kick you out." I got up to my feet and stormed past him to the door, then, I pulled it open and waved my arms, motioning for him to get out. "Get out!"

"Tiara-"

"Get. Out."

"I know you're upset and you have every right to be, so, please, just-"

"No!" I cut him off loudly as I pulled his arm and dragged him out of my room, all the while aware that he'd let me pull him.

"Can you just hear me out?" He pulled his arm from my grip after we'd taken a few steps down the hallway.

I turned around to face him and placed my hands on my hips as I spoke up with a firm voice.

"I. Will. Not. Get out!"