28: I'll Call You Cady

A/N:

We're at 2700+ reads guys💃🏽💃🏽

Thank you so much ❤️❤️❤️

"So, Naborhi is uninvited from our wedding." Derrek said as he struggled in the chair Naborhi had made me tie him to. She was starting to look very much like a psychopath now. She'd taken things way too far and once she unlocked the door, I was going to tell her just that.

"Our non existent wedding, that is." I corrected as I shifted into a sitting position and flung my legs over to the other side of the bed so I could face Derrek. He had looked so helpless, all tied up and I felt bad for him.

"Why am I still tied up? She's locked us in. It's not like we could escape anyway." He said, staring down at his hands which were bound to the arms of the plastic chair.

"She's got a gun, Derrek." I pointed out.

"She's your friend, she won't shoot you. Me, on the other hand..."

"You're right. You best stay where you are then."

"Are all your friends crazy or is it just Tosin and Ana?"

"What did Tosin do now?"

"She shone a very bright lamp in my eyes while interrogating and threatening me." He informed, shaking his head as if he was still in disbelief at what had occurred.

"What? When did this happen?" I gasped in shock. I didn't know Tosin had interrogated Derrek. Why hadn't he said anything until now?

"Dinner night at her house. When you were passed out drunk in the guest room."

I was about to speak up when I heard the sound of the door's lock clicking. The door swung open a moment later.

"Alright, birdies!" Naborhi called out as she walked into the room. "You're free to go." She was without her mask and gun. She had a big smile on her face like she hadn't just pointed a gun and scared us shitless just a few minutes ago.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" I yelled at her and she stared at me, confused.

"Uh, nothing. Why?"

"Where's Ruby? What have you done with her?" I headed for the door but Naborhi stopped me, shaking her head.

"I've taken care of her. You and Derrek just go home and act natural." She said so casually. "Oh and get a solid alibi incase the police come knocking on your door."

"Alibi? Anaborhi, did you kill Ruby?" I screamed and she stared at me blankly.

"What do you think 'taking care of someone' means? Did you think I was going to dress her up like a pageant queen?" She laughed, sounding very sinister.

"Tiara, she's lost her mind." Derrek said, shaking his head in disbelief and Naborhi frowned, immediately glaring at Derrek.

"If you don't want to end up like Ruby, I suggest you keep your mouth shut." She warned. She looked so scary right now. She had the crazy eyes.

"Ana?" A tall, slim man with an afro who looked to be in his thirties peeked into the room. "I'll be taking my leave now."

"Are you done with everything?" Naborhi turned to the man who nodded before glancing at Derrek and myself.

"I'll see you out." She said, gesturing the door. Once she was gone, I turned to Derrek.

"She's messing with us, right?" He asked and I glanced back at the door before turning back to him.