29: In Your Dreams

A/N:

Thank you for 3000 reads
❤️❤️❤️

"How did we end up here, Derrek?" I asked, exasperated as I glanced at Derrek who had a sheepish smile on his face. I had only woken up to find myself in front of his apartment building.

"Uh, I took the wrong turn?" He shrugged. He was supposed to drop me off at Tosin's but here we were.

"This is kidnapping! You brought me here against my will!" I glared at him, crossing my arms and he just grinned, turning off the car's engine. I watched as he unbuckled his seat belt and pushed open his car door.

"This is hardly kidnapping, Tiara. What Ana did? That's kidnapping. This is simply a change of destination." He said with a glance in my direction before getting out of the car.

I unbuckled my seat belt and got out of the car to face him. He was patiently waiting for me at the other side of the car and once I had shut the door, he pressed on a button on the car keys to lock it up, then, he stuffed the keys into his pocket.

"This is kidnapping!" I repeated as Derrek rested his arms on the top of the car and placed his chin down on them. He had looked so cute from that angle but I didn't let his cuteness distract me.

I slammed my palms down on the top of the car and the sudden, loud action caused him to jump from fright. His eyes grew wide and he jumped back from the car as he tried to process what had happened for a split second. He frowned at me a moment later and I laughed hard, mimicking his earlier scared action.

"Ha ha. Very funny. You nearly gave me a heart attack." He scowled at me as he circled round the car to head towards the block of flats where his apartment was located in.

"Serves you right for kidnapping." I said, hurrying after him. He couldn't just walk inside after bringing me here. I had promised Tosin I was coming over. He had to take me there.

"Once again. This is not kidnapping."

"Is too." I argued as I chased him to the stairs. He moved really fast, thanks to his long legs. I was finding it hard, keeping up with him.

"Is not and I'm not having this childish argument with you, Tiara." He countered.

"Is too and I'm going to keep arguing childishly until you take me to Tosin's."

"Alright then." He turned around to face. I tilted my head back to stare up at him as he towered over me from two steps above. "We're here because I almost fell asleep behind the wheel."

"What!" I screamed. We had nearly escaped death. Had he been that tired?

"Almost. I said, almost." He put his arms up in defense before continuing up the stairs. "I called Tosin while you were asleep and told her you couldn't make it tonight but I promised to drop you off on my way to work tomorrow." He informed as we climbed into his apartment floor.

"You have her number?"

"I didn't. I got it off your phone." He said casually and my eyes widened in shock.

"You did what?" I screamed and my voice echoed down the empty hallway. I cringed afterwards, hoping I hadn't woken anyone up. "Why the hell did you go through my phone without my permission?" I rushed up to him as he walked down the hallway to his apartment door.

"You looked so tired. I would've felt guilty waking you up."

"You should have! You don't go around snooping through someone's phone without permission, that's invasion of privacy, you idiot!" It wasn't at all cool what Derrek had done. How dare he just browse through my phone like that?