79(Part II): The Fear Was My Reality

A/N:

Thanks for 26k reads ❤️❤️❤️

"It feels so good to be out here, under the open blue sky, with the woman I love." Derrek gave a sigh of satisfaction, glancing up at me from my thighs where his head was laid. I smiled down at him as I brushed the palm of my hand over the top of his head.

Derrek and I were on a picnic in the park, enjoying the cool harmattan breeze and cloudy sky. He had suggested a picnic to try out a few snacks he had whipped up and so, we had spent the past hour, laying on a blanket on the green park grass and staring at the sky amongst other things.

"You've been glued to my side for the past week. I'm not sure how good it feels anymore." I teased him and he gasped, sitting up straight and facing me.

"You don't mean that." He looked appalled. I bit on my inner lip to stop myself from laughing at his expression.

"I mean, I get that I'm irresistible and you're head over heels for me but you gotta chill a little, you know." I continued to tease.

"Oh, wow! We've been away from each other for a whole month, so, forgive me if I'm just trying to make up for lost time." He got up to his feet and the smile got wiped off my face. "If you don't appreciate my company, I'll just be on my way then."

"You're going to leave? For real?" I scoffed as he proceeded to put on his sneakers at the edge of the blanket.

"Yeah, you clearly don't want me here." He said, hopping on one leg as he almost lost his balance putting on his shoe.

"You can leave! I don't care!" I crossed my arms stubbornly, feigning annoyance.

"Alright, then. I'll be taking my snacks along with me." He lifted up the picnic basket from where it was seated and I gasped.

"You wouldn't!"

"Oh, yes I would. I'll give them to Benjamin instead. He never complains about hanging out with me."

I scoffed as he threw his newly formed bromance with my brother in my face. They had been out together, twice and already claimed they were best friends, with Benjamin promising to steal Derrek away from me. I knew they had both formed an alliance to annoy me but I was too smart to let them get to me.

"Like hell you would." I scoffed once again but paused as Derrek's phone began to ring. I smirked and picked it up before he could think of reaching for it. "I'll only give your phone back if you hand over the snacks." I negotiated.

"Tiara, come on. That might be an important call." Derrek groaned and I glanced at the screen to see the name 'My Oga Alexander Iwobi' displayed on the screen.

"My Oga Alexander Iwobi." I read out, laughing.

"That idiot has been messing with my phone. My Oga, my arse." Derrek scoffed on hearing me. "Can you pass the phone? I've been expecting his call." He leaned forward, stretching his arm towards me.

I jumped up to my feet and took two wide steps back, then, I placed my hands behind me, hiding the phone.

"Fine. Here's the basket. Let's trade off." He finally admitted defeat and stretched the basket towards me. The ringing stopped and I glanced at the screen.

"Oops. Sorry, I'll call him back." I said as I unlocked Derrek's phone and proceeded to call Alex back for him. However, right before I could tap on the call icon, a message came in from Alex.

My Oga Alexander Iwobi: Got the tickets. Our flight leaves at ten tomorrow morning.

"Wait, what's this?" I frowned and Derrek walked up to me, taking his phone from me. "Derrek?" I called as he gave a sigh.