68: Tough Girls Cry

A/N:

Thanks for 17k reads

❤️❤️❤️

"Oh my God! Anaborhi!" I screamed as I witnessed my friend smashing the window of Ruby's Black Nissan with her baseball bat. She moved from the back window she had just smashed to the front passenger side window.

"I'm going to smash her face in like I did with this window!" Naborhi yelled and proceeded to smash the glass. I wasn't fast enough to stop her and jumped back as the glass caved into the car, a few pieces splashing outward.

"Ana, stop!" I warned, snatching the bat from her hand but she didn't even glance at me. Her eyes were red with anger and the frown on her face got deeper with each passing second.

"Ruby, come out right now and face me like the cockroach you are!" Naborhi yelled, storming up to the front door.

"She has lost it. She has really lost it." Ziora said as she walked up to me.

"Remind me never to get on Ana's bad side." Tosin said from my other side and we all stared at Naborhi yelling and threatening for a few moments before we were shaken back to reality by Naborhi kicking Ruby's door.

I rushed up to the house and grabbed Naborhi's arm, pulling her away from the door.

"Are you crazy? What good is kicking the door going to do?" I stared at the fuming young woman. Her chest rose and fell in anger as she scowled at Ruby's door.

"I'll break the door down if I have to. That wench is going to get exactly what is coming to her."

"You need to calm down, for real." I told her, placing my hands on her shoulders and obstructing her view of Ruby's door.

"You don't understand." Naborhi broke down immediately. "She's going to ruin my life! If the truth gets out—" She shook her head as she sobbed and I was taken aback. She looked so scared. What did Ruby have on her that made her so scared? How did Ruby made such a tough girl cry?

I wrapped my arms around her and patted her back calmly as she continued to bawl her eyes out. My eyes began to tear up but I kept myself together for her sake.

"I don't think she's home!" Came Tosin's voice and Naborhi jumped back, wiping away her tears and clearing her throat.

"We've checked the back doors and looked into the windows, it doesn't look like anyone is in there." Ziora added. They were both coming from the left side of the house.

Naborhi let out a scoff and sat down on mini stairs leading up to the porch. She put her head on her knees and just stayed still. I stared at her, a lot worried. Ruby must have found out something really bad if she was acting this way.

I felt really guilty. Ruby was only attacking Naborhi because she was my friend. She was hurting my friend to hurt me. It was a route she had never taken before but it seemed her vendetta was to tear down everyone around me and it was not okay.

"We should leave before she comes back. Ana smashed her windows. We shouldn't remain at the scene of the crime." Ziora advised as she walked up the stairs with Tosin and I glanced back down at Naborhi who wasn't moving.

"Ana, we should leave." I said carefully as I reached down to place my hand on her shoulder and she shrugged me off before getting up to her feet.

"You can all leave. I'll be waiting right here for Ruby to get back." Naborhi stated firmly and I gave a sigh, glancing at my other friends. Naborhi was stubborn. There was no way we should get her to leave if she didn't mean to and we couldn't leave her all alone either.