35: Liars Are Loosers

A/N:

Please check out the author's note at the end of the chapter❤️

The moment I stepped into the house, I knew I had made a huge mistake. Coming here was a mistake, I was sure of it but I was willing to give my parents the benefit of the doubt. I had been away from home for too long already and if they were willing to stretch out an olive branch, I had to take it. However, when the first face I saw was Ruby's, I began having second thoughts.

"Ruby." I eyed her up and she did the same to me before placing a fake smile on her evil face.

"Tiara, I'm so happy you're home." She walked up to me and wrapped her arms around me. "You've got guts coming back here, you little brat." She whispered in my ear and I responded by pinching her back. She let go of me instantly as she winced in pain. Served her right.

"Tiara!" I heard Adiola scream as she rushed down the stairs. "I missed you so much! Why didn't you answer any of my calls?" She wrapped her arms around me and I smiled, happy that I had seen her again after what felt like forever.

"I'm sorry, Addy. It wasn't intentional." I told her as I gave her a tight hug. I had ignored her calls but it wasn't because I didn't care to talk to her, it was because I knew she was going to beg me to come home and I would have given in as I could barely ever say no to her. However, I did text her a few times in the three days I was gone to tell her I was alright and that I missed her.

"It's okay. I'm just glad you're back. Please, don't leave again." She pleaded as she let me go and I gave her a simple smile although the situation wasn't that simple. My staying at home only depended on how my parents reacted today.

"Mommy, Tiara's home!" Adiola called out to my mom who had just walked into the living room. I felt my heart begin to pound in my chest as her eyes met mine. They were not as hostile as they had been the last time I had seen her.

"Good evening, mom." I greeted and she gave a nod of acknowledgement.

"You're dad and brother are in the dining room. Let's join them." She motioned for me to follow her as she turned around to head down the hallway leading into the dining room.

I took in a deep breath before heading towards the dining room with Adiola clinging onto my arm like she was scared I would disappear if she let go of me. I had really missed her.

"Well, look who's finally decided to show up." Benjamin was the first to speak as I walked into the dining room. "How was life in the streets?"

"I was not sleeping in the streets, idiot!" I scowled at him and he smirked, happy that he had succeeded in annoying me. As much as I hated to say it, I had somewhat missed him.

"Then how is it that you look homeless?" He gestured my appearance and I rolled my eyes before settling down on a seat far away from him and my parents in the dining table. I was far from looking homeless. I looked cool if I said so myself. My white t-shirt and red joggers were paired very nicely and my white Nike sneakers just tied the entire look together.

I was about to reply Benjamin when I caught the eye of my dad. I turned to him instead and bowed my head in his direction.

"Good evening, dad."

"You look well. How have you been?" He responded with a ghost of a smile on my lips. I was a bit relieved to see that he wasn't annoyed with my being here.

"I've been alright." I answered, giving him a small smile and he nodded before leaning forward in his seat. He rested his elbows and lower arms on the table and interlaced his fingers, then, he took a look at everyone present at the table. We were all here, including Ruby.