6: Don't You Dare!

"Morning, sleepyhead!" Derrek greeted as I walked out of the room. He was sat on the couch, flipping through channels on the TV.

"Please, tell me he's gone." Was my response as I dragged my feet to the couch where Derrek was seated.

"Really, Tia? I thought we were gees." Luke's voice sounded from behind me and I groaned.

"I'm not gees with anyone who interrupts my beauty sleep." I turned around to see the boy smiling at me.

"That explains why you look hideous this morning." Luke shuddered and I frowned. "You should go back to sleep and try catching some beauty before Derrek realizes what a big mistake he's made."

I gasped as he said this and he simply shrugged.

"I'm not lying. Am I Derrek?" He glanced at Derrek whose nose flared in annoyance.

"Luke, stop!" Derrek glared at his cousin who put his hands up in surrender while walking off to the kitchen. "Sometimes I hate that kid." He let out a sigh.

"Don't we all?" I replied, taking a seat on the couch next to his.

"It seems like I've overstayed my welcome—," Luke stalked back into the living room holding a bowl of ice cream. "—so, I'm leaving." He walked over to the couch I was seated on and picked up a black bag pack seated beside me.

"Have a nice hangover filled day." Derrek waved at Luke who rolled his eyes in response.

"Now I don't even feel bad for taking your last bowl of ice cream." Luke said, waving the bowl at Derrek who glared as he watched Luke put the ice cream into his bag pack.

"You were leaving, Luke." I shooed him off with my hands and he winked, blowing me a kiss which I dismissed by flaring my hands in front of me.

"Bye, fake fiancee! Bye, cousin!" Luke called in a sing song voice as he turned around and walked to the exit.

"I hope I never see you again!" I called after him, annoyed. He was very infuriating. "I really don't like that kid." I turned back to Derrek.

"I'm just glad you can see past his pretty face. Most girls just ignore his shitty attitude cause he's cute." Derrek said, getting off the couch. "Do you want to go home now or are you hungry?" He asked and my stomach answered for me as it growled loudly.

"Breakfast it is." Derrek laughed at my embarrassed self and I pouted, crossing my arms over my chest.

*

I was full by the time I'd gotten home.

Derrek had taken me out to breakfast and I had a lot to eat as he kept on ordering stuff with the aim of turning breakfast into a game.

He'd challenged me to an eating contest which ended up badly for me as I wasn't a glutton like he was.

It was the most fun thing I'd done in a while though and I kept laughing the entire ride home, especially when I remembered the horrified looks the couple in the booth next to us had on when they saw us stuffing our faces with food.

After we were done with breakfast, I had Derrek drop me off about two houses away from mine, knowing my mom would've been glancing out of her window, waiting for me to show up, and if she saw Derrek drop me off I was never going to hear the end of it.

I had told her I couldn't get home last night because of the traffic jam caused by the heavy rain and had spent the night at the house of an old friend I had met at the premiere.

She would've freaked if she knew I slept over at a man's house whether she thought he was my fiance or not.

"We've been expecting you." Mom glared at me as she opened the door, letting me into the house.