37: Surrounded By Criminals

A/N:

Thanks for the 4k reads
❤️❤️❤️

"Hey, I was—"

"Now's not a good time, Derrek." I said distractedly as I got into the passenger's side of Benjamin's Bentley Continental GT.

"Yeah, I just thought you should know—"

"I'll have to call you back. Ruby just stole my dad's car. We're going after her right now." I informed and pulled the phone away from my ear. Derrek was saying something as I cut the call but I wasn't bothered about that at the moment. How could I have been when my crazy cousin had stolen my dad's car because she was caught out in her lies. I was just glad everyone had seen first hand what Ruby was really like. They had seen that I had been right this entire time.

Not long after we had returned from the hospital where Ruby had taken a pregnancy test, Ruby had seized the opportunity while everyone was freshening up to run with Dad's most expensive car. His most priced possession, The 2019 Rolls-Royce Phantom. She obviously knew the test results were going to be positive and she surely couldn't face any of us when we got them, so, it was much easier for her to become a thief and steal her uncle's car. It was only thirty minutes later when Adiola came down to the living room that she realized Ruby was gone with the Rolls-Royce.

My phone began to buzz once again and I checked the caller ID to see Derrek's name on the screen. I ignored it but he just called right back. I gave a frustrated sigh before picking up. It looked like he was going to keep calling me until I listened to whatever it was he had to say.

"What do you want, Derrek? I told you that this—"

"I know what you said and if you just let me speak, I would have told you that I just saw Ruby heading in the direction of the airport." He informed and I gasped.

"What? The airport?" I turned to Benjamin who arched his eyebrow in question. "Ruby." I mouthed to him and his eyes widened in shock.

"Yes, the airport. I was wondering where she was going in such a hurry. She almost crashed into me and several other cars. Plus, I recognized the 2019 Rolls-Royce Phantom your dad talked about at dinner. He definitely didn't lend it to her, did he?"

"How long ago was this?"

"Like five minutes ago."

"She's at the airport, Ben. She's running." I turned to Benjamin who frowned before accelerating. "Thanks, Derrek. I'll call you later."

"Please, do. Our pending conversation is very time sensitive." He informed just before I hung up.

"Of all the low things I've seen Ruby do, this is by far the lowest. I mean, stealing your uncle's favorite car or any of his cars at all? Who does that?" I scoffed, shaking my head.

"Well, I had this friend back in the university who sold his dad's cars whenever he was low on cash. His dad was loaded and had a lot of cars but still, that was low."  Benjamin interjected and my eyes widened in shock.

"Oh my God! That was really low. Like the lowest of low."

"I know, right?" Benjamin agreed. "I mean the money helped us through some really bad shit but I would never do that to dad."

"You spent the money with him?" I smacked his arm and he groaned in pain.

"Come on. That was the university. You do what you can to survive." He tried to justify himself and I smacked him again. "Are you telling me you never did anything illegal to survive in the university?"