56: In The Rain

A/N:

Thanks for 2k votes!!!

❤️❤️❤️

For the fourth time in an hour, my phone rang but I ignored it, trying to force myself to sleep. Derrek had been calling me all night but I didn't want to know what he had to say. He had lied to me over and over again. First, it was about the fact that he had a fiancée, then, he was practically jobless and now, he was married? I felt like a fool for getting involved with him. I felt even worse for harboring feelings for a man like him.

I scoffed at myself. I hadn't always been the best judge of character. It was one of the reasons why I preferred to remain single. Another reason was that I seemed to be a magnet for awful men. There must have been something wrong with me. Surely, no one could have been this unlucky.

For the first time in a long time, I found myself thinking about my ex and how badly that relationship had ended. I used to think Richard was the worst mistake I ever made but Derrek had beat him hands down, eyes closed.

My phone rang once again and I hissed, picking it up. I needed to tell Derrek straight up to leave me the hell alone and then, I was going to block his number. I just needed him and his problem wife out of my life for good.

"Stop calling me, Derrek!" I yelled the moment I answered.

"I need to talk to you, please." He answered and I scoffed, shaking my head. Just why did he need to talk to me? I didn't care anyways. I was done with him.

"That sucks cause I don't want to talk to you. Not now and not ever." I said my piece and hung up before he could get a word in.

I set my phone down and picked up my pillow, then, I screamed into it as loudly as I could. I missed my uncomplicated, Derrek free life. This was what I got for lying to everyone I cared about. It was most definitely karma.

I gave a heavy sigh and got out of bed. It was pointless trying to fall asleep now, so, I decided to continue on my painting. I had made good progress in the past days. It seemed my inspiration had come from the tornado that was my life and that was exactly what my painting was about. I called it "Tornado" and it was the best idea I'd had in a while. It wasn't nearly done but I saw a lot of potential and hopefully when I was done, it would have been good enough for the arts and crafts showcase.

I had just put on my painting outfit when I heard a knock on my room door. I rolled up the sleeves of my oversized white shirt and proceeded to the door to see who was looking for me at eleven at night.

"Hey!" Benjamin smiled at me and I stared at him blankly.

"Why are you here?" I walked back into the room and my brother trailed behind me.

"I just wanted to see what you were up to." Benjamin shrugged and stalked towards my unfinished painting.

"No! It's not finished yet!" I rushed in front of him, blocking the painting with my body. It was useless anyway as Benjamin could just look over my head. Why was he so tall again?

"Tiara?" He sighed. "I didn't want to say anything cause personally, I'd love to punch the bastard and tell him to get lost but I think you deserve to do that yourself." He mumbled and I stared at him confused. What was he on about?

"Can you speak in English maybe?"

"Derrek's outside our house and he has been for a while." Benjamin elaborated.

"What?" I went over to my window and looked out to see Derrek's car parked right by the gate of my house.

"I thought he was going to go away if no one answered him but he's a stubborn one." Benjamin said as I turned to face him.