38: Can You Hear Me?

"Tiara, hey!" Derrek smiled at me as he opened up the door leading into his apartment.

"Move!" I shoved him out of the way and stormed into his house. I took a seat on the longest sofa and crossed my legs and arms as I waited for him to enter the living room.

"I'll take it things didn't go well with Ruby?" He said as he stood in front of me. I scoffed, shaking my head.

"I'm not here to talk about Ruby. I'm here to talk about your lying, cheating behind." I glared up at him and he seemed amused as his lower lip tugged upwards. I got up to my feet and walked up to him, stopping less than a feet away from him, then, I poked his chest with my newly done acrylic nails.

"Why?" Was all he could say as he glanced from my finger on his chest to my face. I continued to poke at his chest. "Tiara, please stop." He said in a calm voice as his eyes went back to my finger on his chest.

"I most certainly will not!" I yelled and he grabbed my wrist and placed it firmly on his chest. I made a move to poke him with my other hand and he repeated the action he took with the former hand. "Let me go, Derrek Dune!"

"I most certainly will not." He repeated my earlier words and I scoffed. My arms were pressed up against his chest and our faces were so close to each other, especially after he had tilted his head downwards to stare at me. He had a look in his eyes that I couldn't decipher but they gave me shivers as I stared into them. I had to look away.

"Let me go!" I tried to pull my arms away from him but he wasn't letting go.

"Tell me why you so rudely poked my chest and then I'll consider letting you go." He insisted.

"You'll consider?" I scoffed. Just who did he think he was? I stomped my foot down on his and he instinctively let go of me as he cried out in pain.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" He said as he grabbed his foot. He wasn't wearing shoes and I was wearing stilettos. It must have hurt.

"You may be stronger than me but don't you ever forget that I'm a very violent woman and I'll break all your toes if you ever grab me like that again, understood?" I threatened in a very loud voice while he kicked out his leg in an attempt to shake out the pain.

"Lesson learned." Derrek said, taking a seat on the couch. He looked to be in pain but he tried to mask it.

"Alright, now. Back to business." I said in a calm voice as I took a seat beside him.

"We'll get to that but first, I need a drink." He got up to his feet and limped over to the kitchen. I was actually starting to feel bad. Did I really hit him that hard?

Derrek returned a couple of minutes later with two bottles of canned Coca-Colas in his hands. His limping was gone now.

"I'm sorry for grabbing you like that. Here's a token of my apology." He said, stretching out his arm to me with the fakest smile I had ever seen.

"Thanks." I mirrored his smile and he made a face as he proceeded to sit.

"So, I called you here because I've been called back home to London. My parents think it's time they met my fiancé and we have to leave today, like, right now or we'll miss our flight."

"What? You already booked the flight? Why so soon?"

"Now's the only time the family's getting together this year. It's my grandmother's birthday in three days and it's the only time my family agrees to be under the same roof, so, it has to be now or they will never take me seriously." He explained and I gave a sigh. He looked really saddened all of a sudden and I couldn't help but wonder why. Did he not get along with his family?