22: A Win Is A Win

I pressed on random buttons, bitting down on my lower lip in concentration as I tried to beat Derrek up. I wasn't much of a gamer, so, this was a big challenge for me, however, I was never giving Derrek the satisfaction of winning. He played so effortlessly, giving off the illusion that beating me was a piece of cake but I knew he was having a hard time. I'd put up a bigger fight than he was expecting. I had seen the looks of shock and annoyance on his face every time I landed a punch and it made me really happy. I was so close to finishing him off, I was surely going to win.

I was just about to land another punch when Derrek stretched out his arms and let out a yawn, obstructing my view of the screen. I'd made a big mistake joining him on his spot on the floor.

"Derrek, what are you doing? Stop!" I pushed his arm as it lingered in front of me.

"Sorry. What was that?" He said absentmindedly and I glanced over at him to see he had been shamelessly pressing on his controller using his free hand.

"You cheater!" I gasped as I jumped up to my feet in an attempt to complete the game but it was too late. Derrek had landed a couple of punches to my vulnerable avatar and he finished me off. I scowled as the words 'Game over' came up on the screen.

"I win!" Derrek laughed as he jumped up on his feet to do an amazing victory dance and showing off his amazing hip hop moves. I rolled my eyes.

Show off.

"Do you have no shame, Derrek? Cheating your way to victory?" I shook my head at him in disappointment as I crossed my arms over my chest.

"A win is a win, love."

"I call a rematch!" I demanded, stamping my foot down on the ground and he shook his head in refusal. "Fine. I'll just beat you up in person then." I took a fighting stance and he stared at me with wide eyes.

"Uh, what is that?" He asked, gesturing my stance.

"My butt kicking stance." I answered as I glared at him but instead of cowering in fear, he looked amused. He took a step forward and pressed his index fingers together before placing them on his lips. He pulled his eyebrows together as he looked down for a moment before cupping my shoulders with his palms.

"Tiara, sweetheart," He started, leaning forward so he was face to face with me. "The only butt you'll be kicking is yours. I can assure you that."

Scoffing, I brushed his hands off me and began to circle him like he was my prey. I put up my fists and gave my most intimidating look as I did so.

"Really, Tiara. You're going to break your butt."

"I'm gonna break my butt? Really?" I stopped, giving him an unimpressed look. "You're not going to talk your way out of this beat down, Derrek Dune, so, don't bother trying."

"I wasn't trying to talk my way out of this beat down." He blinked and I narrowed my eyes at him. I continued to circle round him, this time hopping around like boxers did when in the ring, then, I threw a few punches in Derrek's direction just to scare him but he didn't seem fazed. "Cute." He chuckled and I had enough.

I began to step backwards, putting some distance between Derrek and I. With my brows furrowed and eyes narrowed at him, I pictured my next move. All logical reasoning was out the window now.

"W-What are you doing?" He was starting to look a bit worried now. It made me smile. "Tiara?"

At the count of three in my head, I sprinted right for him and tackled him down to the ground. I straddled him and pinned his arms over his head, then, I smirked down at the shocked expression on his face.