71: I Was Framed

A/N:

Happy New Year Lovelies🎊🎊🎊

I gave a heavy sigh as Detective Kabir walked into the interrogation room. He had left about an hour ago, leaving me alone with my thoughts. I had been exhausted after sitting in here for several hours and I wanted nothing more than to fall asleep but my mind couldn't shut off. How could it when I'd been accused of attempted murder? I didn't even know what state Ruby was in and although she wasn't my favorite person, I still didn't want her to die.

Another troubling thought that gave me a huge headache was the second witness Detective Kabir had talked about. He had said a friend of mine had testified to seeing me push Ruby off that roof. If he was telling the truth about that, it would have meant that one of my friends had betrayed me. It was a very troubling thought that I had tried to shake away but I couldn't. I had faith in my friends, they had been there for me through the worst moments of my life and they had always been by my side. It would have made no sense for them to have betrayed me now and for what? To side with Ruby and Candice? It made zero sense.

"Are you charging me with anything?" I asked as Detective Kabir settled in the chair opposite mine. "I asked for my lawyer hours ago and I haven't seen her yet." I asked again when he didn't reply.

"Your lawyer is right outside filling in some paper work." Detective Kabir said. He sounded less harsh than he had before.

"What paperwork?" I questioned and he gave a sigh before leaning in, placing his elbows on the table.

"New evidence has come to light and with the new facts, we cannot hold you any further." The Detective said in a monotonous voice and got up to his feet. "You are free to go."

"What?" My eyes widened in surprise and I sat up. "What evidence?"

"Have a nice day, Miss Digiola." Detective Kabir said as he exited the room and my eyebrows pulled together as I tried to figure out what this new evidence might have been.

"Tiara!" I heard my name and looked towards the door to see my lawyer or Aunt Tiwa as I called her. She was a managing partner at my parents firm and lifelong friend of my father's.

The tall, slender woman frowned as she catwalked into the room with her black pumps. She flicked her curly wig off her shoulder and placed her hands on her hips as she glared at me.

The fifty year old woman, as usual, looked absolutely stunning in her stylish yet intimidating power suit. She looked far younger than her actual age and had always been a role model to me. She frequented the gym and took such great care of herself, always saying that age was just a number and because she was getting older didn't meant she needed to completely let herself go. I liked her most days but today wasn't one of them. I didn't like it when she went into lawyer mode with me. She never let me hear the end of it.

"We're leaving now!" She said in a commanding tone and I frowned as she turned around to leave. I wasn't a child that she could order around anymore but she seemed to forget that.

I got up to my feet and followed her out of the interrogation room, trying to keep up with her long and powerful strides. She was such a fast walker, especially when she was angry. How could see even walk so fast in those heels?

"Tiara!" I heard my brother's voice as soon as we got out of the police station. He was rested on the hood of his car and looked exhausted but managed to have a smile on his face.

Benjamin walked up to me and wrapped his arms around me, giving a sigh of relief.

"I'm so glad you're out of there. Everything has been cleared up now. Don't worry." He said as he let go.